1.    #1  
    I never get any "Breaking News", does anyone else?
    Yes, I get them. Most have been about Kerry and the primaries lately (hardly breaking news.)
    I tried out all those "phone-mails" many months ago. I never had any problems receiving the "breaking news" or any other alerts. After trying them all, I now only use the stock alerts and email notifications. I found those to be the most timely and useful.
    If you understand, things are just as they are. If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

I haven't been able to get them on my phone either. I get the confirmation code, but the alerts never come.

I also have trouble getting up AIM forwarding. I never even get the confirmation code from them.
  5.    #5  
    I messed around a bit more today and I can get plain Yahoo alerts fine, just not breaking news. How are those people who have them working doing delivery?

I'm trying to use "My Phone" as the delivery method. Possibly I should send them via 1231231233@messaging.sprintpcs.com instead of using "My Phone"?

-Rob
    Mine are sent to "My Phone (xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com)"

(no quotes). Is your "My Phone" sent up with the @messaging.sprintpcs.com address?
    Presumably you have both Reuters and AP checked for alerts? Reuters tends to send less alerts (according to Yahoo).
    If you understand, things are just as they are. If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

8.    #8  
    I have both Reuters and AP checked and then the second delivery option: "My Phone" (xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com)

Both email and Yahoo messanger are not checked. Still nothing.

I deleted my phone and re-added it earlier along with the alerts...hopefully I'll get some breaking news someday.

Again, my timed alerts (9:00am & 4:00pm) come in fine.
    I only get Reuters and probably get 2-3 breaking news messages per week.
    I don't remember which one I get, I think it's AP, which tends to only send really breaking news, so they only come about once a week or so.

I can't wait to get one about the Kerry sex scandal...

muahaha
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1