1.    #1  
    Found this on the http://www.sprintusers.com/forum site.
    Here is the thead to the picture (since we can only host an image here and not display it).
    http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...5&pagenumber=3

Second post from the bottom...

I'll copy it to my PC then link it here, credit goes to Plik at SprintUsers.com Forum.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/att...&postid=279211
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 02/11/2004 at 10:46 AM.
  2.    #2  
    It has been brought to my attention that this is not Black and White becasue there is not the word Granfather in there. Perhaps this is just saying that it's only free untill the prices are officaily rolled out. I hope that is wrong....

So I guess we don't know anymore then...sorry...

I do know there will be some bent people if they don't grandfather us...
    I went to spcs.com and selected My Phone and Plan and went to Current Usage. Listed under Other Usage is Wireless Web Messaging and it says "Unlimited."

Am I wrong to think that this means my MO-SMS is included in my plan on an unlimited basis?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  4.    #4  
    With Sprint, on ecan't assume anything..
    Sounds that way to me, but then I am assuming.
    Unless the word Text Mesaging,SMS or MO-SMS is there, i will not beleive it untill I get my first bill using SMS and not get chagred for it.
    It's a shame we can't get an offical word form sprint, perhaps it due to it not being officlay rolled out. Perhaps when it does Go Live officaly, we will know?
    Thanks, matt
    I don't think sms is a wireless web message.
    Listed under Other Usage is Wireless Web Messaging and it says "Unlimited."

I have this too. The count had always been zero, but now that I'm using SMS (Los Angeles) the count is now growing. Looks like Sprint is counting these as WWM's - at least on my account...
    "Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?"
    Matt,
    The link to howard forum

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sh...15&pagenumb resets my treo. I tried it 3 times same result. I have seen no self soft resets after the 1.1 updater till now.
    Ya mine is showing usage on wwm too, but it says unlimited.

This may be a dumb question but is the 600 the only phone in sprints lineup that is able to do real sms?

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Originally posted by narnia_77
    Listed under Other Usage is Wireless Web Messaging and it says "Unlimited."

I have this too. The count had always been zero, but now that I'm using SMS (Los Angeles) the count is now growing. Looks like Sprint is counting these as WWM's - at least on my account...
    When my new billing period started, this zeroed out and now has a new count for messages. It even counts when I get notified of new emails from Hotmail.

Still says unlimited, though. I hope 2000 anytime mins a month is enough, 'cause I don't think I'll ever be able to have what I have now for the price I pay.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Originally posted by Woof
    Ya mine is showing usage on wwm too, but it says unlimited.

This may be a dumb question but is the 600 the only phone in sprints lineup that is able to do real sms?

Woof
    Sprint currently has maybe four or five phones that are SMS capable. I bought my son a Samsung V660 which I knew was SMS capable and added him to my account and paid the $5 for vision on his phone just to get possibly unlimited MO-SMS when they rolled it out. Well SMS is now working on his Samsung phone and WWM says unlimited just like for my Treo600. I really hope it stays this way. Crossing fingers.

BTW: I think the WWM usage count is only for messages sent, not received.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 02/12/2004 at 03:37 PM.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Is sms gonna be free incoming like on AT&T?
  12.    #12  
    No, not according to the new brochure I saw at the local Sprint store yesterday
    If Sprint does charge for SMS, I envision the worst:

As soon as the new pricing takes effect, our Treos "accidentally" get saturated with Spam SMS. It's not too hard to see how this can be easily done, as I've already been hit with spam at least once or twice a day.

The more I think about it, that Treo600 SMS program looks to be a viable alternative. Only thing is, would Sprint recoginize that program and charge us anyway?

Someone else mentioned this in a previous post, but if there's a developer out there who can create a Treo Spam filter, that would be great.

Cheers,
    Kevin