1.    #1  
    "Verizon Wireless is constantly improving the services, features, and wireless phones we offer to our customers for their communication needs. At this time, we are unaware of when we will be offering the Treo 600 equipment.

At present, there are several wireless phones being tested for functionality and reliability with our network. Verizon Wireless will not offer a product or service unless it meets the high standards our customers have come to expect. Currently, we are unable to provide information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as this may raise expectations that may not be met."

Well this was in response to my email asking when it would be available. Certainly is a far cry from saying they wont be offering it at all, in fact they say, we dont know WHEN we will be offering it. So maybe a small, small lighyt at the end of the tunnel....
    Verizon Wireless will not offer a product or service unless it meets the high standards our customers have come to expect.
    Hardy har har! Can anyone say, "Motorola V120e"? High standards indeed...

I have to say, in my experience, Verizon's "free" and even "cheap" phones are among the crappiest in the industry.