1.    #1  
    I have been tauning all of my Verizon and Nextel freinds by sending them SMS messages. You see, for us Sprint users, unlimited messaging come with the package. It is costs my Verizon friend 2 cents each time I send him something. And if costs my Nextel freind something like 10 cents.

Whats worse, if My Verizon friend wants to respond, it costs him even more! Ha. Ha. For all of those people that were waiting for a Verizon certified Treo 600, please explain to me why?
    Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane
    For all of those people that were waiting for a Verizon certified Treo 600, please explain to me why?
    Seriously. I'll say it again; Verizon Wireless makes me sick.
    Only reason I can see is coverage. I took my GSM and CDMA Treo 600 all over the state and country with me during the couple weeks I tested them. And, I had my v120c with Verizon with me too. The Verizon phone had consistantly better coverage (at least in terms of signal bars) than the others (analog notwithstanding).

OTOH, more bars does not necessarily equal better signal. For instance, I got the same number of bars in my living room on the Sprint and Verizon phones, and yet I constantly drop calls and lose signal on Verizon. Perfectly clear on Sprint T600.

I can tell you one thing tho... Sprint is definitely more cost effective. For about the same price as I paid with Verizon for 1200 mins and no internet, I got 2000 Sprint anytime minutes, unlimited data, unlimited sms, and a phone for my wife. Sold!

Jeff
    Last time I checked Verizon can't come close to matching my plan including the $5 a month extra I pay for F&C America.

Which means, I pay less and get to use the #1 network in the US.

Why are you waiting for Verizon?
    *sigh* Well, I don't think I can start taunting anyone yet since I still don't have SMS yet on my Treo here in Florida! It seems we're the last to get it I guess...

Anyhoo... I would like to know how Verizon data converage (1xrtt) compares to Sprint? Analog is irrelevant cus the Treo600 doesn't have AMPS anyway! However, I expect Verizon has alot more CDMA 800 MHz coverage though...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Southwest 'burbs of Chicago...still waiting..
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    *sigh* Well, I don't think I can start taunting anyone yet since I still don't have SMS yet on my Treo here in Florida! It seems we're the last to get it I guess...

Anyhoo... I would like to know how Verizon data converage (1xrtt) compares to Sprint? Analog is irrelevant cus the Treo600 doesn't have AMPS anyway! However, I expect Verizon has alot more CDMA 800 MHz coverage though...
    I'm in the Orlando area and it teased me w/ 1 SMS last night and no more. I got excited for a minute, but now it doesn't say the service is unavailable, it says there's an error and to try again....making progress.
    Generally, the coverage is most major cities. You're not going to get a 1XRTT connection in the boonies. I think they have a map of the data converage for their "Express Network" somewhere on their site. I did a lot of research on this before PDA phones were cost-effective. Oh, and unlimited Express Network is $80 a month. Ugh.
    Have faith ... It just started working in Tampa!

Maybe Miami is next.
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush

sms has been working for me in miami as of today. had a little problem earlier today, because i could not send to emails but that has been fixed now.
    andres
    All good in Orlando too
    Here in Canton, OH SMS is working, however it is much MUCH slower than before.

It may send okay, but day or night, no matter what, receiving SMS takes anywhere from 30 minutes to seven HOURS...

This is a new problem since the changeover.

And it sucks.

NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    CHICAGO IS WORKING ALSO......YIPPIE!!!!!

GONNA BUG THE HELL OUT OF MY 2CENT PER TEXT FRIENDS.....SINCE MINE IS FREE!!!!! LOL

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Of course, so am I!!

Love sending sms msgs to the ex -- gets back for all that whining 'I need some money.' Best of all she'll never figure it out!

LOL & loving it!