Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just sent my first true SMS from my Sprint Treo 600 from Ashburn, VA (about 25 miles west of DC)!

Woo!

(O|||||O)
  2.    #2  
    Guess this should be in the Sprint PCS forum. Oops. Move me! ;-)

(O|||||O)
    Not up in Baltimore. Maybe soon - but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Not up in Northwest DC.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I was able to send a message (Fairfax Fair Lakes area) but I never received it as I sent it to my work email address.
    No luck in Pentagon City. Getting the "service will be available soon" message.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    works in herndon.

And hello to a fellow NoVa Jeep owner! Fun ride in today?
    my moblog:
    <a href="http://chumprock.textamerica.com/">http://chumprock.textamerica.com/</a>
    No SMS at the Kennedy Center in NW DC. I'm guessing that adding spotty service in random parts of VA was probably a day's work for Sprint...I'm sure they're busy napping.
    i sent an SMS to myself, but didn't receive it yet. i still have 'way way sms', just now its the OTHER WAY LOL!!!
    Dosen't work in Germantown either

Ronald
    I got it to work in Springfield today.
    No SMS in the Ft Meade/Odenton/Columbia area of MD.
    No go in Falls Church.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    No go here in DC still. I'm located in the Foggy Bottom area, NW DC. What the heck is taking so long???
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Just tried it successfully in Fairfax (Fair Lakes). I have NOT installed the firmware update.
    I had no luck in Alexandria this morning even though I got it to work in Springfield yesterday.
    It seems to work sometimes for me, and other times I get the not available yet message. Location doesn't appear to matter.

Sprint hasn't officially said it's available yet.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    My SMS was working here in the Fair Lakes Herndon area until now. Now when I send an SMS i get the following:

"Message sending failed. Please resend"

Has anyone else gotent this error this morning or could try to see if it works?
    I get the not available yet, wait for the SMS available message in Kingstowne.
    It works great out here in Warrenton VA.......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast