1.    #1  
    I have Yahoo setup to send me an SMS notification every time I get an e-mail. Usually it works fine with only a couple minutes delay maximum.

However today it's been missing about 90% of my notifications. It's probably due to the SMS rollout.

Let's hope they get this resolved....
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    Unpop,

What I did was to use the HS email client. I set it up to go fetch all my yahoo mail every 4 hours and sound an alert and vibrate after the download. Good thing about it is that the original emails stay available to read on yahoo. SO if I access yahoo mail on a PC, it looks like I'm seeing them for the first time. I can also send from my Treo through the Yahoo servers and out to the net...either at the time I compose the email or at a later time. WAY COOL.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Unpop,

What I did was to use the HS email client. I set it up to go fetch all my yahoo mail every 4 hours and sound an alert and vibrate after the download. Good thing about it is that the original emails stay available to read on yahoo. SO if I access yahoo mail on a PC, it looks like I'm seeing them for the first time. I can also send from my Treo through the Yahoo servers and out to the net...either at the time I compose the email or at a later time. WAY COOL.

IGO
    But then I have to pay for POP access on Yahoo Mail.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    I have yahoo mobile alerts too - missed my weather, horsoscope and stock alerts this morning. Also missed a Sharks final score last night. Hope this gets fixed. We take a lot of things for granted until they're taken away.

However, maybe it's just yahoo alerts that's having problems because I still get alerts from ameritrade.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Now that you mentioned it, I'm missing updates from Yahoo as well. I have it set up to send me weather alerts and forecast for Truckee, and I don't think i've received a single one?

Maybe sprint is filtering Yahoo. I'm getting daily messages from <a href="http://www.tinywords.com">tinywords</a>, so I know at least SOME incoming automated messages are working...
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I was also missing them with the alerts from PCS Business Connection. The alerts would show up about 2-3 hours late. I called Sprint and they said nothing was wrong, but they mentioned the upgrades with SMS. I bet that's it.

Joe
    All my Yahoo alerts are back in business and very timely since Sunday.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I've been having a problem all today with receiving my SMS messages. I can send em fine but I do not receive a single one. Its been quite a nuseance. Anyone else getting this?

Yesterday, I was getting messages trying to send the txt message with it saying that the network is unavilable and it would try again later. I noticed others were having the same problem on TreoCentral. I believe these SMS problems may be quite widespread.
    Some days are better for SprintPCS and SMS than others. I have never lost messages, but I have had some delayed considerably.

With regards to Yahoo, I think its a lot to do with their system. I used to use their sports alerts and found that I just was never getting a lot of the messages. I switched to MSN's alert system and I don't seem to miss any.... but like I said there are times when they are severly delayed (hours).
    Last night about 9:30 pm CT I sent an SMS to another Treo 600 user and they would receive it, but when she sent me one, I didn't receive the SMS. Actually send me two, one she initiated and the response to my SMS. Never got either one.

I tested my phone by sending a digital message from my laptop to my phone # @messaging.sprintpcs.com and got it immediately.

Still waiting on the missing SMS.

Any ideas?
    Similar problem here... Lastnight (Thurs ) around 8 - 9pm, I've sent msgs to another treo 600 (sprint) user and she did not receive them. Then she would send me new msgs and I would not recieve them. Around 10 - 11 pm, just by chance I decided to actually call their phone, even tho she's in the other room :-), and then all the SMS msgs would pop up on my phone and I hear that it did the same on her phone. It was like that phone call help'd "push" the msgs down to the phones. Hope this isn't a permanent thing... What would be the purpose of SMS "chat" if you get the reply hours later?...

In a thin section it often exhibits a fluidal structure, marked by the arrangement of microlites in the lines of the flow of the molten mass.
    I have had alot of missing sms's, between my girlfriend and myself. Were both on sprint. LAst night we missed alot of messages.
    I also have problems with other carriers, but its that they get my message more than one, and i get thiers more than one. usally three times.
    I'm definetly having a lot of problems as well. For example in a series of 5 messages I sent to a person this morning, I know atleast 1 didnt go through, I am also not receiving every sms that people send me.

My assumption is that the problem is on the Sprint side and I hope they fix it soon.