1.    #1  
    I am not a happpy camper.
    Today I continute to try and provison my 3rd replacement TREO.
    Today's problem, Sprint cannot provision my phone due to some server side error 162. Apparently THEY show that I have a 2G device and cannot use VISION. Obviously this isn't true. I have been on the phone with sprint for most of the day. I feel that if this cannot get resolved that this treo is the lemon and I'll have to look elsewhere. Has anyone heard of this type of problem before. No ## Secret codes seem to help and all the service orders on provisiong me seem to (as the Tier II Rep in Trouble Management says) Well they seem to get lost....

HELP :-(
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  2.    #2  
    Well there was a setting in some program on their network called P2k. They fixed the 2g issue and now there are three provisionings that have to work their way thru the system. Sprint claims this will take 24 hours to complete. I am very skeptical.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    What is your ROM version? The last version available for download on the handspring site (1.10) says it solves some provisioning problems. If your device is not up to the latest version, perhaps it may help to upgrade.
  4.    #4  
    Hardware Rev C
    Software Version 1.10
  5.    #5  
    bump
    can anyone help me out or know of who to call to fix this?
  6.    #6  
    Well the treo provisioned itself at 10:00PM I am back in biz I have no clue how it happened.
    My wife got a new Treo 600 on Friday (2/6/04) and it was set up as a 2G device by mistake. Apparently, their are a "batch" of T600's that were coded wrong when they were registered with the FCC (this is coming from a Vision Support Person @ Sprint). There are several things that have to happen to correct:

1) Get the registration to 3G so that the network will realize what kinda of phone you have and allow an OTA update or provision.
    2) Get the "infamous" Sprint Data Provisioning service update push from Sprint to finally enable Vision Services.

We have a trouble ticket opened and the rep said it could take up to 5 days to fix. The first part (now that Sprint knows about it, is fixed quickly). It sucks to have to wait for 3-5 days just to get a ticket looked at by Tier II support, to get the Network Provision.

However, it sounds like yours was corrected in a day, so maybe it will be done today and not this Friday a week later.
  8.    #8  
    I had a trouble ticket open as well with the five day turn around.
    I had to fuss but I got free vision for a month.
    it just happened, the ota update that they had trying to push to the phone finally happpened. I hope they get this cleared up, they should be able to do the same for you. One of my profs had the same problem and the same thing happened to him, finally the ota update came.

The update took about 5 minutes and then i was up on the internet.

Also still on the sprint website my account still lists that I have an unknown phone. Must have something to do with the 2G issue.