1.    #1  
    Just curious I have been following the SMS post for while now. And I live in NY (the outer boros where SMS is not up yet) and i was just wondering. When I was in Manhattan I was able to send text msgs but I didnt recieve a msg saying that I was able to.

Just wanted to know in the areas that SMS seems to be working consistently, did you receive the text that Sprint said they would send or did you just try daily until (hooray) it worked.
    Just tried and it worked. It really surprised me.
    The only text message I received was in reference to the update.

I just randomly kept trying to send SMS messages every other day or so until it finally began working two days ago.
    SMS started working fior me today in Des Moines, but I have received no test message stating that it is working.
    I have not yet received a text message saying SMS is up, nor has anyone else.

This is because they are still testing SMS and not all areas are up and running. They want to wait until they have nationwide coverage working properly before sending that message.

So it will probably be the 15th at the earliest before we get it.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    Originally posted by johngs4
    SMS started working fior me today in Des Moines, but I have received no test message stating that it is working.
    Same here. I live in St. Charles, but Sprint has me in the Ottumwa service area. SMS send seems to be working. I don't know for sure, but I did not get the same error message that we've all been getting.

I did not receive an SMS message telling me that SMS is working yet.
    fossil24
    GEZZZZ!!!

New York...

New Jersey...

Detroit....

Milwaukee....

Los Angeles (parts)

Dalls (Parts)

Houston ...

They just skipped ova little ole Chicago.....( the 3rd largest city in the 48 states)

IGO
    (SMS Delayed Recipient)
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Originally posted by fossil24

Same here. I live in St. Charles, but Sprint has me in the Ottumwa service area. SMS send seems to be working. I don't know for sure, but I did not get the same error message that we've all been getting.

I did not receive an SMS message telling me that SMS is working yet.
    I got the test message that I sent to myself. It was delayed about 10-15 minutes, but it came through.
    fossil24