Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    It looks like the rumors are true. We all have noticed that on our "Manage Account" page of Sprint PCS, it now says "Unlimited Wireless Web Messages." Many people were quick to point out that wireless web messages are different than SMS. Well, it looks like those people were wrong. Now that SMS seems to be working, the number has finally changed from 0 to keeping track of the number of SMS messages I send (and possible received). So it does look like we do have grandfathered free, unlimited SMS with our Treo 600.
    Jeff
    Hope your correct. I have had that on my bill for two or three bills and the number has been between 2-9 and I didn't fully kno wwhat they were. I too noticed that my current bill (looked on line), has the web messaging at 22 and it's in the 5th, so perhaps it was untill it went live and it's recived from the voice connection and not the vision connection?

"Unlimited Wireless Web Messages" why call SMS this? It's not even from the web anymore, it's carried on the voice line, not the vision/data line.. go figure..?

You may be right, it's indicative of Sprint to have 5 names for the same thing and have some of them wrong. If it is indeed SMS, then call it that...too much to ask?

I hope your correct!!
    But yes, I did see my Unlimited Wireless Web Messages shoot up big time this month.

Thanks for the info, Matt
    Not to dampen your spirits:

Wireless Web is not MO-SMS.

Reasoning:

MO-SMS does not use the web in any way to send messages. As it was explained to me, it uses a portion of the voice band. If you have an enabled Text messaging phone (eg. Treo 600 ). You do not need to logon to the web to sent a message when the service becomes available. With shortmail, you did have to logon. Hence the phrase: Wireless "WEB".

However, If you do have Visions (before 2/3/04)and an SMS enabled phone, you will be grandfathered into text messaging at no charge. The kicker is......WHATEVER VISION PLAN YOU HAVE AT THAT DATE CANNOT BE CHANGED IN ANY WAY UNTIL THE END OF YOUR CONTRACT..ATLEAST!!! OR YOU WILL END UP PAYING FOR MO-SMS TEXT MESSAGING...

IGO
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 02/05/2004 at 12:49 PM.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34

However, If you do have Visions (before 2/3/04)and an SMS enabled phone, you will be grandfathered into text messaging at no charge. The kicker is......WHATEVER VISION PLAN YOU HAVE AT THAT DATE CANNOT BE CHANGED IN ANY WAY UNTIL THE END OF YOUR CONTRACT..ATLEAST!!! OR YOU WILL END UP PAYING FOR MO-SMS TEXT MESSAGING...

IGO
    Where did you get this information? Are your sources 100% accurate?
    Well...for what it's worth...I spoke to a Sprint Tech level 1.
    I have a Treo600, unlimited web messaging and Visions....As long as I kept this very plan....I would not lose my unlimited text messaging. I guess it has something to do with the way the accounts are coded.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!