Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is your 2 way SMS up yet?

I'm assuming we're talkin HS factory installed. Nothing happening here.
    No.
    Works here, I get an SMS alert when I receive an email, and I can send SMS back and forth to my co-workers (who all have the treo as well). Course, we prefer email, since we all have that configured as well... I guess I don't understand why SMS is so "dude, we don't have SMS, sprint sucks!" .. or whatever..

I'm in Newport News Virginia.

cheers,

dextius
    inevitable.
    sms working fine, email and gprs also
    Where are you?

Im in DC area and nothing yet.
  6.    #6  
    Don't know if it matters but I'm on CDMA Sprint Service.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    No luck here in Sweet Briar or Lynchburg (south of Charlottesville).

Sending an SMS to a friend (or my own phone number) causes a long delay and then an error about being unable to communicate with the network and it will try again in a while. I delete them, of course, to stop the futile repeating attempts.

This is the same behavior I've had since it came out of the box in November as a new phone. I've never seen any of the other messages about the service being unavailable at this time, etc.

My friend with a Treo 600 in Lynchburg tested this morning (20 minutes south of me). Same message.

I receive SMS just fine and always have. I get weather and headlines on it a few times a day .

Data and voice both work fine here as do my other "Vision" services.

I figure if we ever get it here it'll be a million years after the rest of the country. I think we're in Sprint's lost territory. I just about wet myself the first time data actually worked from my house rather than needing to be 20 minutes south of here. That took a couple of years and was a fairly recent development. That's also why I asked my friend to test it this morning since I can't trust that services are universal in our area.

- Aaron
    ---
    Aaron's MAME'd Millipede:
    http://sparhawk.sbc.edu/MAME
    No-go (yet) in Baltimore.
    Originally posted by dextius
    Works here, I get an SMS alert when I receive an email, and I can send SMS back and forth to my co-workers (who all have the treo as well). Course, we prefer email, since we all have that configured as well... I guess I don't understand why SMS is so "dude, we don't have SMS, sprint sucks!" .. or whatever..

I'm in Newport News Virginia.

cheers,

dextius
    Doesn't work in the DC area, yet. Which stands to reason...the DC area is really a small town.

Dextius, people want this because it's faster than email. For those of us who can only send email via the web browser, this is huge. 15 seconds to send a mesg as opposed to over two minutes.
    nothing in NoVa outside DC either.
    my moblog:
    <a href="http://chumprock.textamerica.com/">http://chumprock.textamerica.com/</a>
    Still nothing in DC..

Service available soon.

So every time I get that message I am logging it. Because it has been saying SOON for many many months.

Therefore it is a false advertisement for a service.

Wheres SMS

SMS = Sprint Moving Slow
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    Still nothing in DC..

Service available soon.

So every time I get that message I am logging it. Because it has been saying SOON for many many months.

Therefore it is a false advertisement for a service.

Wheres SMS

SMS = Sprint Moving Slow
    My guess is you will get it tomorrow or soon after. Many additional areas are being turned on every night at midnight.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    Originally posted by Im So Unpopular

My guess is you will get it tomorrow or soon after. Many additional areas are being turned on every night at midnight.

No Go in the Dulles Airport area.
    McLean VA... I just did one of my several-times-a-day checks, and it sent!! It took around 30 seconds to come back to me, but it did go through, no service not available message!

Woohoo!

- Mike
    I just tried in Falls Church, VA and got the same old message. But at least it is getting close.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    No luck in Kingstowne.
    Just north of the Dulles airport. And it works!
    Working here this morning
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I'm in NW DC and still nob luck sending. Anyone elsel
    Springfield, VA--works!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast