Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow... so it seems the western Metro Area has it, but DC proper doesn't. Would be interested to see if it's working in Manassas VA or Frederick/Gaithersburg MD... maybe it'll be progressive across the area. But I'm sure it can't be far for those areas it's not working in yet.

It's interesting that this area seems to be segmented in its implementation... I don't think other areas had this incremental turn-on, did they?

- Mike
  2.    #22  
    Nothing here, still getting the "Service will be available soon" message.

Huh, I've almost forgotton how to use the SMS on the Treo since I rarely use it.

But hey, here's my aol if you want to test to see if your send function is working (one way of course): tennesseemd1@aol.com
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    It is weird. My buddy in west Springfield has been using his SMS this morning...but I'm and Alexandria, just south of Old Town and I'm getting the same old service not yet available message.
    Alas...nothing happening in Baltimore. I try, but all I get is the silly "it's coming" message.
    Originally posted by GeekyMom

"If you educate a man you educate an individual, but if you educate a woman you educate a family." -African Proverb
    May I suggest a change to your signature:

"If you educate a man you educate an individual, but if you educate a woman you create a feminazi." - Not-So-Popular Proverb

Thank you, thank you.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    Originally posted by dextius
    Works here, I get an SMS alert when I receive an email, and I can send SMS back and forth to my co-workers (who all have the treo as well). Course, we prefer email, since we all have that configured as well... I guess I don't understand why SMS is so "dude, we don't have SMS, sprint sucks!" .. or whatever..

I'm in Newport News Virginia.

cheers,

dextius
    Dextius,

I am in Norfolk and still don't have SMS capability. I've tried in VA Beach as well. Congrats to you. Wish I was so fortunate.
    No luck in Northwest DC
    Finally working in Norfolk/Va Beach VA........ I guess better late than never.
    Finally works in DC down by the Navy Yard in SE. Hope it spreads to Northwest DC pretty soon...
    Works as of this morning in NW. Great news!
    Works as of this morning in NW. Great news!
    Up in Arlington!
  13.    #33  
    UP IN MARYLAND!

Just sent two messages and didn't get the "Unavailable" status message. Checked, message was there in the "Sent" folder.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12