Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just sent and got a reply from a non-Sprint user. The Chat function is also up and running.
    Chat function?

I see reports that it's working in San Jose but not on the peninsula. I'm in Oakland and it's working for me.
  3.    #3  
    Well I'm in Palo Alto which is on the peninsula so I think we're all up and running.
    here at work in Foster City - LET'S GO SPRINT!!!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I'm in South San Francisco, and it still doesn't work here...
  6.    #6  
    Dlai,
    Have you installed the updater for Sprint Treo 6oo?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Yes, updated the day it came out with no problems. Double checked with the ##786 command and it's version 1.10. It gives me the message that the service will be available soon, yada, yada, yada...
  8.    #8  
    All I can assume is that the process hasn't updated your account but you should be up shortly.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I sent 2 sms's successfully from my treo 600 this morning, then the third came back with the message not delivered error (this was around 11 AM, here in palo alto).

Still not working as of noon.

So it's sporatic, but it's close!
    I just got into the office in San Francisco (16th and Bryant, roughly.) SMS worked just fine for me in Oakland this morning, but doesn't in SF.
    Does Sprint charge for SMS if you have the vision plan?
    BTW: East Bay works now.
    Still no workie in Sacramento....
    gotta love it!
    This is my Treo. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Treo is my best freind. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Treo without me is useless. Without my Treo, I am useless......
    i'm in Chicago....about an hour from Milwaukee and no SMS.....what gives?

Also CS stated that my account will be automatically changed. But I'm also reading that people have called to have text messaging added or updated to their account.....which works?.....All my account has is "web messaging". Is this the update for text or not?

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    5pm Jan 4th and no workie in SF. I haven't traveled to Oakland or Palo Alto yet, but will this weekend. Amazing. The frustration is too much. Give us a date and we'll wait, but this is crazy....
    I work in Fremont, Ca and I was able to send SMS to my AT&T phone twice. I Will try it when I get home to San Jose. I'm crossing my fingers....
    I also live close to the Wisconsin line in Chicago (Grayslake) with no SMS. On a trip to Charlotte and it works great here.
    5pm Jan 4th and no workie in SF. I haven't traveled to Oakland or Palo Alto yet, but will this weekend. Amazing. The frustration is too much. Give us a date and we'll wait, but this is crazy....
    Originally posted by DarkTreo
    I'm back home in Mountain View and SMS works fine. Back in Redwood City at work, it did not work.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    Tried out today in Sunnyvale & San Jose - both work!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast