Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Didn't work in SF this afternoon. Seems to send ok in Oakland at 11pm this evening.
    Works in San Ramon (East Bay)

BTW: Many of us have been waiting for the illusive email stating that SMS is up and I'm betting the reason no one has received it yet is because SMS is NOT ubiquitous in the network yet. SprintPCS' big claim to fame is coast-to-coast service and all your features work the same. SMS is still far from that... ;-)
    Lee Ladisky
    I tried it while in North San Jose and Sunnyvale and it worked. SMS only seems to send to SprintPCS phones only. I am unable to send to other carriers, AT&T, Verizon, T-Moible and, Cingular. SMS app says message sent but it never gets to the other person's phone. Anyone else have this issue?
    Originally posted by PattiB
    Chat function?

I see reports that it's working in San Jose but not on the peninsula. I'm in Oakland and it's working for me.
    Ditto!!!
    Is this only for 600's? Or for the 300 too?
    all go over here
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Worked for the first time in South San Francisco....yea!!!
    SMS is working in Redwood City.

It wasn't working there yesterday.

I have been sending messages to myself all morning and some of them have taken as long as 15 minutes to arrive. Others arrived instantly. I tried at various points along the 101 on the way to work.

Is it up in San Francisco now?
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    works all the way up the peninsula from San Jose (home) to SFO (work). Successfully sent to all carriers (ATT, Cingular, Verizon). Will try Tmo today. I'm a happy camper until they charge unreasonable rates for it.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Works in Milpitas~!!
    I'm headed to Detroit friday. Someone said it was online. I will try when I get in town.

IGO
    (SMS Delay Recipient)
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Originally posted by Im So Unpopular
    Is it up in San Francisco now?
    Not yet. =/
    As of about 11 a.m. this morning, it's still working in Oakland and not in San Francisco. Grrrrr.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Was up in the Twin Peaks area of SF today and it still doesn't work there...
    Just sent an SMS (within Sprint's network) in San Francisco. YAAAYYY!
    Originally posted by PattiB
    Just sent an SMS (within Sprint's network) in San Francisco. YAAAYYY!

Woohoo! Me too.

Ok, now what?
    It's Sprint. Now we wait for them to break it again.
    Originally posted by paqmaster
    I tried it while in North San Jose and Sunnyvale and it worked. SMS only seems to send to SprintPCS phones only. I am unable to send to other carriers, AT&T, Verizon, T-Moible and, Cingular. SMS app says message sent but it never gets to the other person's phone. Anyone else have this issue?
    I'm in Los Angeles but was able to send SMS to my wife who's on Verizon with a completely different phone. She was able to reply and the chat feature worked just fine.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I sent a test message to my sister who lives in Daly City yesterday at 2pm and she just got it today at 4pm...pretty fast, huh?
    Originally posted by dlai
    I sent a test message to my sister who lives in Daly City yesterday at 2pm and she just got it today at 4pm...pretty fast, huh?
    LOL.

On Wednesday I was chatting with someone in Michigan who's on Verizon and the messages were getting through fine within seconds.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast