1.    #1  
    Do you have to remove PDA apps app to start using the new SMS service from Sprint? I am wondering if that is why I keep getting an error (19) message? Any ideas? Raleigh, NC
    Jeremy, I've been testing SMS in the Raleigh area too.

What I do is select the Treo600SMS application, and when it asks if I want to continue to the SMS app, I select no. Then, I click on disable and I get the popup disable and reset. I click on that and the Treo resets. When I come up in the SMS app and send an SMS, it fails and says that the service will be available soon. Then, I go back into Treo600SMS app and select enable and reset.

Good luck.
    That's correct. It doesn't have to be removed but it must be disabled.
    Do you have to remove PDA apps app to start using the new SMS service from Sprint?
    No, MO-SMS is up here in Austin and with Treo600SMS disabled I can send and recive MO-SMS w/o vision being on. Howewver I can only send to a 10digit number. If I try a 10digit@carrier.com, then it send, but never get to the person. When I re-enable the PDAapps Treo600SMS, then I can still send and receive SMS, but then the 10digit@incertcarrier here.com works too.
    So I am still using the PDAapps PRC and will probably continue to do so...

Just my 2-cents worth and what I am seeing here, Matt

So I yes to use the True, New, MO-SMS, which doesn't use Vision, yes, you have to have the PDAapps PRC off. But one can still send SMS with the PDAapps PRC on and have more functions as well. Note, the emoticons work in both too.