Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    it seems to me that alot of ppl out thee hve been having cust service issues with sprint. i know ive spoken with serveral ppl who hve all been told different info by sprint from all theigns from text messaging to holes in coverge. i say we band together in this thread. have a bad experience, post it. have a question sprint didnt adequately answer, post it.
    I like sprint. They have their quirks, but if you know how to handle them, they're all right!
  3.    #3  
    thats awsoem for you. maybe ur lucky or i just have bad luck. ive just had nothign but bad experiences. i had to return a phone to them, and old samsung, then the resold it off to someone with my vision password still in there and they rang up liek 50 bucks of charges from rigntione and game DL's. thats was when i s on my 300 and it took me 2 hours to finanly convince someone that u cant DL that crap to a treo 300...thats liek just one story...who has more?
    i'll add my two cents about sprint here before I say something off topic.

i like sprint and agree that if you know how to work them they are definitely the best carrier to go to. besides that i locked in a great plan a few years back and wont leave sprint for anything. i am out of contract also so i could leave whenever i want and sprint has no control over me.

nuro, i have seen you post all over and am confused as to why you spelling and grammar are as bad as they are...its actually mind boggling
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
  5.    #5  
    im at work so i have to type real quick liek so noones see it.
    That's so cute -- nuro has a stalker. Good luck you two, we all hope you enjoy a long happy life together.

On topic: do you people actually research these situations at all before buying a device like the Treo? All the "Sprint ain't got no SMS!" complaints just seem freakin' laughable. Sprint had a workable, if crappy, text message service. It sucks compared to GSM text messaging, but if you were looking for GSM text messaging, why would you buy a CDMA phone? Sprint is actually devloping a new feature on their CDMA networks that really does behave just like the GSM service, which is very cool.

On the other hand, it's true that if you get on the wrong side of a technical problem with a company like this, you'll be in a world of misery and suffering. That isn't anything terribly unique to Sprint, though, and ...well, it can honestly be put down to bad luck. Does it suck? Yes, but so does life. You can look on the bright side and take your suffering as a sure sign that you haven't died yet. Congratulations!
    Sure, I have a beef with Sprint. Had one with AT&T when I had them, Cingular when I had them, and so on and so on. I am not making exucces for Sprint, but the problem is deeper then that. Most companies are trying to save money and outsource and quailty suffers. How can we get the word to the corporations that it not exceptable? I think it's a three headed monster the we all created and it's almost too big to slay?
    Just my 2-cents
    Snerdy, you nailed it.

I have been with Sprint for 6+ years and have really no issue with them. The locals at the store are daft, but I know this so I don't expect much. The phone csrs are the same pretty much but how much time do you really spend talking to them?

Sprint has great coverage where I am for my needs and I like the phones they offer. SMS isn't an issue. Probably never will be. I want to get info to someone I CALL THEM!

If you don't like Sprint, change companies. It's possible so do it. Or maybe some folks are not happy no matter what.

nuro - maybe you should be working instaed of posting here. I'm sure your boss doesn't pay you to do this or you wouldnt be concerned about getting caught.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Originally posted by snerdy
    do you people actually research these situations at all before buying a device like the Treo? All the "Sprint ain't got no SMS!" complaints just seem freakin' laughable.
    The box says SMS. Should I have to research every individual feature listed on the box, or shall we call it false advertising and move on? =)
    Originally posted by kennethW

The box says SMS. Should I have to research every individual feature listed on the box, or shall we call it false advertising and move on? =)

Actually ken the box says" Messaging, Send and receive email and text messages, or chat."

Nowhere does it say SMS, unless you are refering to the graphic on the screen of the treo on the front of the box. We all know that the sprint treo came with no email software, so the same argument could be made about email as you are making about sms. It's not false advertising if the device is CAPABLE of doing the function. It doesn't specify either way if it's included software or not. Besides I don't think Sprint has been at all secretive about sms not available(in the gsm form) or that they are working to implement it.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  11.    #11  
    ahmen to that kenny. in al the years ive been with sprint evrytime i have a problem it takes hours upon hours to resolve. now i knwop plenty of companies save money with the automated tech support and user manuals, but it seems to me that sprint is very bad at colboratign thier stories. and they never ever deliver what the promis when they promise it. sms is just one of many issues i think weve all had with sprint.... and as to the switch carrier comment, sure ill do that as soon as i can take my treo with me :-/
    Originally posted by Woof
    Nowhere does it say SMS, unless you are refering to the graphic on the screen of the treo on the front of the box.
    to implement it.
    If I were to sell you a truck based on an interior photo of that truck, and there was a giant button that said "4WD", and there was no 4WD on that model, I'd be guilty of false advertising.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not freaking out about it or anything (I'm reserving that energy for when my battery craps out on me). I just think this has been handled very poorly, and can't agree with anyone who says that griping about Sprint's inability to follow up on their promise is unwarranted.

At the very least, they could have printed "SMS available Q1 2004" to cover bases. Not everyone trawls the dark recesses of the web for dirt before assuming that a company is fulfilling its end of the deal.
    Ya and I could get away with the 4WD in the picture by saying I have a thing for buttons that say 4WD on them and I had one in my truck. If you bought something based on just a picture youre not too bright. Ask questions. Don't assume everything is as it seems, because it may not be. Think for yourself, be responsible for your own decisions. Stop blaming everything on someone else.

To use your logic, if the box doesnt say something then it shouldnt be possible on this phone right? How is it I can play MP3's and stream internet radio? Doesn't say that on the box. I can telnet or ftp into my server, not on the box. I can use this as a gps, not on the box. etc etc etc. So I guess I should sue them for false advertising cause they didn't tell me everything it would do.

What is wrong with everyone today?

Woof
    — Ed Howdershelt
    The real problem with Sprint and many other companies is that we all are just a number to them. It's a shame, but customer service these days seem to be "a lost art."

So, it not just a Sprint thing.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Originally posted by Woof
    Ya and I could get away with the 4WD in the picture by saying I have a thing for buttons that say 4WD on them and I had one in my truck.
    Yeah, that would go over in court. =) Let me reiterate (again) that I'm not freaking over this, nor have I (or will I) come close to threatening a lawsuit. I just don't like the taste of it and was disagreeing with someone else.

If you bought something based on just a picture youre not too bright. Ask questions. Don't assume everything is as it seems, because it may not be. Think for yourself, be responsible for your own decisions. Stop blaming everything on someone else.
    You're making a load of assumptions about my purchasing decisions (and me, mind you) based just a few sentences here. I certainly didn't make a purchasing decision based on the picture alone, but seeing "messaging" and an SMS app on the box strongly implies that I was going to get SMS right out of the box. Where in the world would you get "blaming everything on someone else"? I'm talking about Sprint being slack in regards to SMS, not the meaning of life.

C'mon man, it was a just a snide remark. =) I'm sure you see plenty of that around here.
    I'm sure you see plenty of that around here.
    Yes. ...But everyone is awfully sensitive about it at the same time. Weird, eh?

I can dig where you all are coming from, but the big problem here is that SMS is a GSM feature. Assuming that a CDMA handset has a GSM feature because you see the acronym on the screen of the device in a picture on the box is sort of like assuming that a crate of oranges will taste like apples because they are in box labeled "apples." This is what I find to be so funny.

The worst one can say about Sprint (and it might even be pretty bad, I suppose) is that they cultivated a situation in which the uninformed buyer would assume that they were getting a device capable of the GSM SMS feature.

Sprint is now creating a new feature on their CDMA network that provides a text messaging service that behaves very much like the GSM thinger. They are actually improving the service. This is cool. It is something to be happy about. The roll-out is slow, yes, but it actually works, which is amazing.

Go get 'em, Woof.
    Assuming that a CDMA handset has a GSM feature because you see the acronym on the screen of the device in a picture on the box is sort of like assuming that a crate of oranges will taste like apples because they are in box labeled "apples."
    The logic police would definitely haul you in for this one. =)

If the crate of oranges was sealed, and I got the crate home only to find apples, I would definitely have to take it up with the place where I bought them. =)

At any rate, the whole point was that Sprint hasn't handled this well, on some level or another, so I'm done with this one because it quickly degraded into semantics and weirdness.

Next! =)
    The logic police would definitely haul you in for this one.
    When the logic police "haul you in," where exactly do they "haul you in" to?

If the crate of apples was on fire and it blew up then I'd be wondering why I can qualify things any way I want to in order to ignore the point. Oh, wait -- that's your move. Never mind.

At any rate, my whole point was that Sprint hasn't handled this well, on some level or another, so I'm done with this one because thinking is difficult for me.
    Fixed. =)
    If the crate of apples was on fire and it blew up then I'd be wondering why I can qualify things any way I want to in order to ignore the point. Oh, wait -- that's your move. Never mind.
    Wow. Nice work.
    Wow. Nice work.
    I'm glad I was able to convince you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast