Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by snerdy

I'm glad I was able to convince you.
    You have nothing better to do than be fantastically rude to strangers, aided by the anonymity of the net?
    Pros: Best data and wireless plans for the money for the average user like me.
    Cons: Customer service hold time (not the customer service reps themselves - they are generally pleasant - just the friggin' wait time before I actually speak to one)
    I need some help and suggestions with this dilemma (basically, I feel I was screwed by Sprint).

Last Friday, 1/30/04, I called Sprint's 1800 number inquiring about the Treo 600, and I ended up signing up for a 2 year contract, and bought 2 phones. I bought the Treo 600, and the Samsung VGA 1000. The girl who helped me seemed very nice, and gave me the following deal:

$45 for 500 shared minutes
    $15 PCS Vision Picture Pack
    $5 Voice option
    She told me the $20 monthly charge to add a line and share minutes would be forever waived. She said if I ordered before 2/1/04, I would be "grandfathered in", and would never be charged for sharing minutes.

She also told me that they had the Treo 600 in stock, and it would be shipped the same day, Friday 1/30/04. She talked me into the VGA 1000, saying what a great phone it was, and how great the camera is.

Well, the phones shipped yesterday AM (2/2/04), and they arrived today. Unfortunately, they sent 2 different phones than I had ordered. They sent me the Treo 300, and the Samsung VI 660.

After spending over 3 hours on the phone today, nothing was resolved. The Treo 600 is now out of stock. A customer care rep finally told me that she would research it, and call me back tomorrow. Since I was concerned about if my original calling plan would be honored, she told me the $20 fee for sharing minutes would only be waived for 3 months, and then I would incur the charge every month (total charge of over $400 over the life of the contract). She told me my sales rep never should have offered me the plan that she did.

So, what do you think I should do? I have nothing in writing since the order was placed over the phone. All I have is the sales rep's first name, and call center city. I feel like I agreed to a 2 year contract with Sprint, and now they are trying to change not only the phones I ordered, but also the calling plan fees they promised. Should I bite the bullet? Should I fight to have my agreed upon plan honored, and wait for the Treo 600 to become available? Or should I just say screw it, and run away from Sprint?

Thanks for your time and thoughts.
    How many freakin times you gonna post this damn thing??

Just take the phones back, you have a 14 day return period.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Snerdy, how is Sprint's implementation of SMS going to be improved over GSM'S?

Also, I thought Verizon offered SMS... or do they have some type of web based messaging like Shortmail??
  6.    #26  
    if it were me id fight for, call back talk a superviser or sumin, u have her first name thats at least sumin to go on. maybe they cant honor the waiver for the 20 bucks share thign but they should @least honor the prices quoted to u for the phones.

ps. to woof: damn dude why u gotta be all mean? its liek a man cant make a silly about his bad typoing @work w/out someguy mad at his employees takin it out on someone else. chill yo.
    How to deal with CSR: Record the conversation.

Here's what the FCC has to say.

If you get the message at the beginning that says, "This conversation may be recorded for quality or training purposes.", then you don't need to tell the CSR that you are recording the conversation.

If you don't get that message, then start out real nicely by saying,
    "Hello. I'm <valued sprint customer>. What's your name?"
    "I'm DF. How may I help you?"
    "Hello, DF. I'm not good at remembering things. Do you mind if I record this conversation?"

Then, if you don't get what you were promised, call retention and play back the recording.

-----

Sprint has a 14 day return policy. Most stores have a 30 day return policy. If what you buy doesn't do what you want, then RETURN IT!
    The purpose of the return policy is so that you can test the product to see if it fits your needs. If it doesn't, then RETURN IT!
    If the box says SMS, you have 14 days to test SMS. If SMS does not work in the 14 days, then RETURN IT!
    If the truck has a 4WD button, then push it when you do a test drive. If it doesn't work, then DON'T BUY IT!

Promises are a bunch of B.S. If it doesn't do what you want it to do when you buy it, IT NEVER WILL!

Speaking of which, Sprint was good enough to refund me my $250 for not making good on their promise to upgrade my Digital Link to 3G.

I am not a lawyer. The proceding is for informational purposes only. You may wish to consult with a lawyer before acting on the above information. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results.
    I have the world in my Palm
    I love the off topic stuff....

Dude I am not mad at any employees. I don't have any. I fired all their lazy asses cause they sat around all day playing on the internet.

Actually I am self employed and dont have any employees but me. I sure hope your boss isn't paying you to type, cause you suck. Not being mean, just honest.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Originally posted by Woof
    Dude I am not mad at any employees. I don't have any. I fired all their lazy asses cause they sat around all day playing on the internet.
    Are you saying that you're going to fire yourself?
    I have the world in my Palm
    Originally posted by thppfft

Are you saying that you're going to fire yourself?
    LMAO

The thought does cross my mind from time to time.

Woof
    — Ed Howdershelt
  11.    #31  
    ill work for u
    Originally posted by kennethW
    fantastically rude
    Anything worth doing is worth doing fantastically.

Minsc -- rereading my post, I see that I wrote poorly. I didn't mean to imply that Sprint is improving on the GSM SMS service, Sprint is improving on their old Short Mail service. Sorry for the confusion. Like most Sprint users, I'm just hoping that Sprint's new messaging service is as good as the GSM service. It could be better, I guess, but I'm just hoping for "not worse."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12