View Poll Results: How did the update go for you?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Went very smooth, I would recommend it.

19 24.68%
  • Went smooth, READ the instructions. Go fo it.

30 38.96%
  • Went ok, had some minor issues, got thru it, go fo it.

16 20.78%
  • Went ok, some issues,a headache, I guess it was ok?

2 2.60%
  • It was ok, AFTER I got help from the people here.

4 5.19%
  • I could take it, or leave it...

1 1.30%
  • Only if your a Palm guru! I still don't have it working.

0 0%
  • Don't touch this with a 10 foot poll!

3 3.90%
  • Crash and burn....It's all over but the crying....

2 2.60%
  • Banana pudding

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    Some of the users of this board, that use a Sprint/CDMA Treo600 want to know if they should or should not, install the V1.10 update.

I suggested a poll and let the numbers speak for them selves. There are plenty of threads about it working or not working, this is a poll to see what the general tone is.

Thanks
    Thanks Burkhardi, for setting up the poll! Nice job. It would still be helpful hearing anyone's comments to accompany their votes too.
    Make a backup of your treo
    Hard reset
    Install updater
    Re-synch backup

Hint: BackUpMan or BackUpBuddy!!!
  4. wcl
    The update went very smoothly ... but since I have a Mac, the ONLY way I could do this was using files posted here; Sprint, whom I have paid a lot of money to for the Treo and the montly service, still has not provided a solution ...
    After the upgrade, I had three apps causing soft resets:

1) Today - whenever the device was turned on.
    2) Klondike - when running it
    3) Directory Assistant - when running it.

Simply deleting and reinstalling these (well I checked for updated versions first as I always do when reinstalling apps and installed the latest Today and DA) solved the problem.

Other than that, this upgrade was much easier than when I upgraded that pocket PC device to PPC2002.
    1) Before installing the update, I did a back-up using BackupMan.
    2) Hard Reset my T600.
    3) Installed/hotsync'ed the 1.10 Update.
    4) Restored the latest back-up set using BackupMan and I was done.

The only problem I had after the update was that Klondike would soft reset my T600 each time I ran it. But it got resolved and that was it. I didn't get any looping resets or it didn't mess up my DA.

Looking forward to installing the software update.
    So, for anyone with a basically vanilla T600, yeah the update's gonna work fine.

Doing the hard reset was the missing step for me, either that or deleting various apps until I found which app was giving the me the looping soft reset. Just easier to backup the data and do a hard reset.
    I might as well speak my 2 cents.
    Mine went very smooth... the only issue that I have now is that my battery won't show fully charged even when the physical LED is displaying green for fully charged.

Minor annoyance now since I don't know when I really need to charge my battery.

I might try to reinstall the update.
    I did exactly as TR30 suggests in his 4 steps. Except that I first made a backup of my desktop palm directory. I was a little confused as to why do a hard reset first when the installation wants to hot-sync at the beginning to backup everything. It seemed like it was re-installing all my stuff. I wondered if I was supposed to delete everything in my palm backup directory first?? Anyway, I let it re-install everything like it seemed to be doing. Then after the installation process I cancelled the last hot-sync. Then I restored the Treo 600 from BackupMan. Then I restored my desktop Palm directory so everything was as it was before the installation. Then I hot-synced. I had no problems, other than having to scratch my head about whether I was supposed to let the first hot-sync restore everything after my initial hard reset. Maybe someone can clarify this for others who are contemplating the install. Thanks for the help TR30!