1.    #1  
    Ok, if you're having problems with the updater or considering updating your ROM, read this first!

When I ran updater, my treo went thru the endless resets. I believe for us who are having problems, it has to do with software conflicts.

Here's what I did.... (after many different attempts, here's what ended up working AND saving all my data!)

- The Treo is going thru endless resets
    - I did a hard reset.
    - Hit the hot-sync button
    - Asked for user, I created a new user
    - Hotsync'd
    - Manually installed the 3 .prc files from my user backup (double click on the files and it'll install like any other .prc file)
    (1) SprintChecker.PRC
    (2) SrpintChecker_enUS.PRC
    (3) Treo_600_1_10_Update.PRC
    - Press hotsync
    - The Updater will run and update your ROM
    - Do a hard reset again
    - Hotsync and click on your user name to restore all your original data

I hope this helps. I still don't have SMS here in Chicago.

Still wonder if anything happens if I didn't update... I wasn't really having any problems beforehand. Anyway, I DO have a lot of problems with Sprint (i.e. dropped calls), but it's not really their fault for the crashes. The Palm OS allows for 3rd party software developers (which is why it's so popular), and it's one of those programs that is causing a conflict.
  2.    #2  
    Also, forgot to mention, you should delete those files from your user's backup directory...
    I would suggest moving/renaming the folder instead of creating a new user profile. NO need to reinvent the wheel. I updated with zero problems.

If an update is being done and Chatter is active, I suggest the Chatter.prc file get deleted or moved to the external card - after rebooting, Chatter wants to start up, which it did when I did the update. However, there was no problem with it.

Ben

--------------

Originally posted by jlee6
    Ok, if you're having problems with the updater or considering updating your ROM, read this first!

When I ran updater, my treo went thru the endless resets. I believe for us who are having problems, it has to do with software conflicts.

Here's what I did.... (after many different attempts, here's what ended up working AND saving all my data!)

- The Treo is going thru endless resets
    - I did a hard reset.
    - Hit the hot-sync button
    - Asked for user, I created a new user
    - Hotsync'd
    - Manually installed the 3 .prc files from my user backup (double click on the files and it'll install like any other .prc file)
    (1) SprintChecker.PRC
    (2) SrpintChecker_enUS.PRC
    (3) Treo_600_1_10_Update.PRC
    - Press hotsync
    - The Updater will run and update your ROM
    - Do a hard reset again
    - Hotsync and click on your user name to restore all your original data

I hope this helps. I still don't have SMS here in Chicago.

Still wonder if anything happens if I didn't update... I wasn't really having any problems beforehand. Anyway, I DO have a lot of problems with Sprint (i.e. dropped calls), but it's not really their fault for the crashes. The Palm OS allows for 3rd party software developers (which is why it's so popular), and it's one of those programs that is causing a conflict.