1.    #1  
    I learned this the hard way, the patch screwed up my treo to the point where I can't get into the applications browser and the touchscreen stopped working. After multiple hard resets and restores it did the same thing. Chances are that if you have a hack on your Treo then it'll mess it up. So if you want to make sure you dont run into any problems do this.

The solution is:

Hard reset...INSTALL ROM UPDATE... THEN RESTORE.

Step 1: Do a hard reset
    Step 2: Make a new hotsync username
    Step 3: Hotsync the patch, and update the rom
    Step 4: Switch back to the old use name and restore all your old programs/settings
    Step 5: reactivate hacks or whatever.

My observations from the patch so far is that the blazer browsing speed has increased noticably... haven't tried SMS yet so don't know. Not sure if it overwrote my Treo600SMS... anyone know how I can check?
    I don't think a hard reset is necessary if you have a decent backup utility. Here's what I did and worked flawlessly.

1. full backup on SD card
    2. run Update
    3. restart Hotsync Manager (wouldn't recognize my treo w\o restart)
    4. reload BackupMan (via install apps only sync)
    5. restore backup

Good Luck to others.
  3.    #3  
    Hard reset only took me about 5 minutes to get everything back to normal...not sure how the backup works.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I followed the instructions that the installer gave me to the letter, and had absolutely no problems.
    sometimes I wonder if all the problems people are having is due to not following directions...
    Originally posted by Minsc
    I followed the instructions that the installer gave me to the letter, and had absolutely no problems.
    sometimes I wonder if all the problems people are having is due to not following directions...
    Majority of Palm users use 3rd party software that rely on hacks. Most don't give it a second thought during firmware or OS upgrades, and I believe this is what causes the problems. And Handspring cannot test for all the different hacks out there. Which is why my suggestion from the beginning was to backup, hard reset, update a clean treo, and restore software (individually is my recommendation). Personally, I stay away from hacks altogether.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I followed the instructions to the letter and all went well. When done, it would soft-reset when I hit the home key, so I made one of the keys in Phone go to Applications, used Filez to remove LauncherX, and restored it from the SD backup I did before the update.

Reset problem solved, all works great. Now if they'd get SMS turned on already!

- Mike
    The instructions specifically said to remove all hacks before running the updater. I don't think you can blame Spring for people not reading the instructions, nor understanding what they've added to their device.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.