Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I downloaded the updater and boy am I sorry. My vision service and my snapper mail is not working. I was going to change settings on my snappermail, until I relized that vision is not working at all.

After just over an hour with second level supoort at Sprint, I have to take my treo 600 to a sprint store to have them remove the updater and restort my orginal software. This apparently can only be done at the store.

THE BIG PROBLEM IS THAT IT IS OVER 100 MILES ROUND TRIP, WHICH FOR ME IS A DEAL. 100 MILES IS THE UPMOST I CAN DRIVE DUE TO MY DISABLIITY, SO THIS IS A ROYAL PAIN THE
    $%#@! BUT SUCH IS LIFE!

My point is do not be so quick to download the updater for spriont!!!!

TAKE CARE, JAY
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Sorry to hear of your woes. I ran the updater last night with no problems - everything seems to be working, even Blazer...

I wonder if this is somehow related to hardware revisions?
  3.    #3  
    Hi, could be... the moral of the story is COMPUTERS CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM!!! LMAO, take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    spriont!!!!
    Not even the worst customer service stories could ever cause me to stop loving the wonderful typos that Sprint's name seems to produce. God bless you, Sproint.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Jay. You seem to have some serious bad luck going.
  5.    #5  
    Hi, I am disabled and sometimes my typing leaves a lot to be desired. I have an incomplete fusion at vetebra level c6-7 which is the disc level that controls your arms. So typing is not always easy or accurate!

The weather is changing hear which does not help the pain issue. However, I think my typing makes one think I am dyslexic which I am not! LMAO!

Anyway be careful of downloading the new SPRINT software! LOL, take care Jay
    I got the update everything seems to be running well, hope everything works out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It`s not how you stand by your car, It`s how you race your car.
    I downloaded the update and now my phone keeps resetting itself every 4-5 minutes!!
    Yeah,
    I downloaded it and 36 hours later, I cann't use my speaker at all for anything, that's headset and main speaker. I cannot hear any calls, I can speak to people but I can't hear them. I am so angry right now........ As I JUST cut my landline. Not to mention my landlord hasn't fixed my heater= day two with no heat.. Bad Bad day....
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Loaded update - followed instuctions exactly.

Treo crashed - resetting self over and over - never got past Palm logo. Hard reset.

Backup card failed - lost contacts and Key Suites didn't feed.

This is an upgrade?
    I definitely not going to do any update. I never send or receive SMS and nobody I know will send me SMS. My phone is running great, blazer is pretty fast, battery seems to last forever, camera is taking good pictures when I need it, so I really don't see any reason to do the update.
    My update went ok, but I didn't realize that it erased your Treo and then restored.

THe restoration process only restored CERTAIN apps (all the built in), but not the DOZENS of apps and preferences I had loaded

- SnapperMail
    - VeriChat
    - SlashMoney
    - Documents to Go
    - PocketTunes
    - PDA Net
    - Launcher X
    - etc

It will take me HOURS to reinstall all of these and re-establish the preferences (i.e. all IM and email accounts with login info etc.)

Also my favorites were erased in the phone app as well as all photos, button preferences.

Not cool, sprint.

SMS is supposed to SAVE time, not add hours to your week.
    - ag47
    double post.
    Originally posted by agnok47
    My update went ok, but I didn't realize that it erased your Treo and then restored.

THe restoration process only restored CERTAIN apps (all the built in), but not the DOZENS of apps and preferences I had loaded

It will take me HOURS to reinstall all of these and re-establish the preferences (i.e. all IM and email accounts with login info etc.)

Also my favorites were erased in the phone app as well as all photos, button preferences.
    Hmm. I did the update this morning and it restored all of my apps and settings, including photos, favorites, Snapper, etc.

Now I need to figure out why it soft resets every time when I turn it on...
    Originally posted by Need
    double post.
    you talkin to me?
    - ag47
    Ok, it looks like one problem that the updater caused on many phones is a soft reset everytime the phone goes to sleep or when a user clicks the home button.

Next time this happens, type ##377 (dail) in the phone app after the phone reboots. It should tell you which app caused the crash. In my case, it was the "Facer" applications that is supposed to mimic the Today screen on PocketPCs. I erased the program and my Treo is back to normal, well except for all the info that got nuked during the update. Sprint puts a new meaning to fixing things that aren't broken!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks,

I dialed the code as you suggested and it showed that Today was causing the problems. I deleted "Today" and now things are back to normal. Of course, now I can't use "Today."

Thanks again
    Originally posted by borg359
    Next time this happens, type ##377 (dail) in the phone app after the phone reboots. It should tell you which app caused the crash. In my case, it was the "Facer" applications that is supposed to mimic the Today screen...
    I sort of guessed it had to be one of my apps because after hard reset the reset problem went away. Then after a restore of my data it came back.

Thanks for reminding me about ##377. Before I even tried that I knew what app would show up based on your comment. I'm using "Today" and guess what, that was it. It is the only app I have added that does something upon startup. As an experiment, I deleted Today and the reset problem went away. Then I restored the two "Today*" files listed in my SD backup to see if the reset would return. It didn't. But now Today does not run upon startup--but it does run if I use the icon. So, there is something else it does when installed properly instead of from a backup that is causing the problem. Some type of hack or hook in the power on logic.

Now all I have left are Klondike and DirectoryAssistant soft resets when attempting to run them. I have deleted both for now.
    Last edited by SoCalVisor; 01/30/2004 at 04:39 PM.
    Originally posted by SoCalVisor

Now all I have left are Klondike and DirectoryAssistant soft resets when attempting to run them. I have deleted both for now.
    FYI: I have both, and both run without problems after update. So I'm almost sure another 3rd party app is interfering with them.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    My dad helped me, but after we were done, it all worked ok. He backed up everything to the SD card, then removed the card. Ran the upgrade, installed the backup progy then backed up from the card...kewel

Claire
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Originally posted by clairegrrl
    My dad helped me, but after we were done, it all worked ok. He backed up everything to the SD card, then removed the card. Ran the upgrade, installed the backup progy then backed up from the card...kewel

Claire
    I wish my Dad would help me.

P.S. I'm so sorry, but it's Friday and I've been drinking already.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast