Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh boy this upgrade is a big headache.
    http://www.firstadopter.com - where early adopters discuss great stuff first
    Originally posted by ChemEngr

I wish my Dad would help me.

Be Nice...

Claire
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Greetings Claire:

"Well behaved women rarely make history."

Esther, Ruth, Mary, and many others did.

Thank you.
    =====================
    Peter M. Abraham
    Dynamic Net, Inc.
    http://www.dynamicnet.net/
    Gosh, and I did mine in 10 minutes and had NO problems at all. Not a one. Everything reinstalled with the last hot synch. I started with the battery a bit under 1/2, so I used the charging/USB cable and off we went.

I would suggest to anyone having problems that they look at their software. I sustained the multiple resets a couple of months ago that was directly attributed to a program I was beta testing. A note to the author and it was taken care of.

Ben

---------

Ben

Originally posted by ilovedessert
    Hi, I downloaded the updater and boy am I sorry. My vision service and my snapper mail is not working. I was going to change settings on my snappermail, until I relized that vision is not working at all.

After just over an hour with second level supoort at Sprint, I have to take my treo 600 to a sprint store to have them remove the updater and restort my orginal software. This apparently can only be done at the store.

THE BIG PROBLEM IS THAT IT IS OVER 100 MILES ROUND TRIP, WHICH FOR ME IS A DEAL. 100 MILES IS THE UPMOST I CAN DRIVE DUE TO MY DISABLIITY, SO THIS IS A ROYAL PAIN THE
    $%#@! BUT SUCH IS LIFE!

My point is do not be so quick to download the updater for spriont!!!!

TAKE CARE, JAY
    Originally posted by dynamicnet
    Esther, Ruth, Mary
    You should have seen them last night, drunk off their well-behaved behinds. You call what Mary did to the bartender well behaved?! ...Or maybe we're talking about different women.
    I should have visited here before attempting the Sprint patch. Next time, if my Treo is working fine, I'll forget any patches. While I thankfully escaped many of the horrors posted in this thread, what should have required a few minutes took 3 hours. Data and functionality were restored, but not without much risk and anquish. Stay away from the patch!
    I have patched 2 phones now, with out problems. Took less than 3 minutes each time and no data loss whatsoever. Feel for you guys.

Claire it's so nice to see multiple posts from you. Makes some of these thread much more enjoyable.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    To summarize my problems after the upgrade:

Soft resets caused by the following apps at the following times:
    1) Today - whenever the device was turned on.
    2) Klondike - when running it
    3) Directory Assistant - when running it.

I got all three apps working again by simply deleting and reinstalling them (well I checked for updated versions first as I always do when reinstalling apps and installed the latest Today and DA).

So now I'm back to where I was before (I think) plus I now have some fixes to problems I didn't know I had. But hey, I'm now running the latest and hopefuly greatest...
    Okay, I did the ##377 thing (thanks for the hint!), but it says that the application that caused the crash (and KEEPS causing my treo to crash) is "applications." I don't think I can delete this can I? Basically, it's the home button. Please advise!

Originally posted by borg359
    Ok, it looks like one problem that the updater caused on many phones is a soft reset everytime the phone goes to sleep or when a user clicks the home button.

Next time this happens, type ##377 (dail) in the phone app after the phone reboots. It should tell you which app caused the crash. In my case, it was the "Facer" applications that is supposed to mimic the Today screen on PocketPCs. I erased the program and my Treo is back to normal, well except for all the info that got nuked during the update. Sprint puts a new meaning to fixing things that aren't broken!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12