1.    #1  
    Help! I used the charge/sync USB cable to perform the most recent upgrade from Sprint. Yes, the Treo 600 was fully charged.

However, when the installation got the point where I had to press "reset", my Treo 600 went into an endless loop of resetting itself. I can't finish the update. When I disconnect the charge/sync cable, the device says to plug in the AC adapter.

WTF? Am I completely hosed? Was it the charge/sync cable?

I have no phone. I am lost.
    Chances are you're stuck in a loop because there's a hack or other non-standard app that's trying to load in the startup after the reset. I would try doing a hard reset (since you should've at least done that first hotsync, which would back everything up), set up a new hotsync ID to do the upgrade, then another hard reset when done upgrading and go back to your old hotsync ID to restore everything (unless there's a simpler way to change the Hotsync ID on the Treo).

- Mike
    It may be worth looking into the instructions that were posted for installing the GSM firmware upgrades. In general I think it would always be more safe to install firmware and ROM upgrades on a clean device and I honestly don't understand why the Sprint upgrade instructions aren't recommending this.
    Originally posted by Mol
    It may be worth looking into the instructions that were posted for installing the GSM firmware upgrades. In general I think it would always be more safe to install firmware and ROM upgrades on a clean device and I honestly don't understand why the Sprint upgrade instructions aren't recommending this.
    That's sort of what the Automated Process does, it backs up everything, asks you to do a Soft Reset, cleans the device, does the upgrade,reinstalls everything, soft reset again and your done.

About the only thing it doesnt do, is a hard reset.
    Pete
  5.    #5  
    Yep, did the hard reset and the Sprint installer worked. Then just restored my data and all is cool.