Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    No more using them 1-way Test Messengers! Woo-hoo~!!
    SMS is go in Seattle!

Though I'm at work in Kirkland now, so I'll have to see if it still works when I get home.
    Detroit is finally working
    Originally posted by TR30
    No more using them 1-way Test Messengers! Woo-hoo~!!
    Can confirm that SMS send now working in San Jose - YEY!!! But still "service unavailable" a little north in peninsula (Mountain View to Foster City). Bugs me because I work in Foster City - LET'S GO SPRINT!!!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I'm in Scottsdale, AZ ... part of Phoenix.

Disabled my Treo600SMS today, and rebooted and sent a "real" SMS both to my phone and to an email address.

Delay about 30 seconds on multiple attempts. Email comes from a server called:

mo.bulk.sprintpcs.com

But it is badly configured and fails multiple SPAM checks about invalid reverse DNS, HELO message etc ... so if you do a test to email, you might find the messages getting stopped by some of the spam checkers.

SMS to my own phone took exactly 30 seconds turn around on 3 attempts ... just sent SMS to a TMobile phone, awaiting to see if my friends got it ...

YES, just got a confirmation from him that he got it!

Yeah!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I can (finally!) send and recieve SMS (Sprint) in Waukesha (i.e. Milwaukee), Wisconsin from my Treo 600. Also sent an SMS to my sister's phone (Verizon) and got her reply back!

I don't get what all the complaining is good for. I've been patiently waiting without SMS on my Treo since October 9th, through several missed SMS "launch" dates without a peep. All you people who got your Treo's this week and are complaining that it doesn't work -- shut up!!! Just kidding. Finally! I'm amazed to actually see it work! I'm happy. For now.
    Mobile Originated SMS works here in Dallas now! Yahoo!
    Phoenix stopped working about 10 PM tonight ... back to the original "This service is coming message"

<sigh>
    I'm in Des Moines, Iowa and SMS started working today.
    Originally posted by johngs4
    I'm in Des Moines, Iowa and SMS started working today.
    Same here in the Ottumwa, IA service area.
    fossil24
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234