1.    #1  
    This may seem like a dumb question but here goes. I switched to Sprint from ATT ($80 for unlimited web access for ATT to $15 for Sprint - go figure).

ATT had a mail application, separate from SMS, that you could configure with your server addresses, user name and password, etc to send and receive email. My Sprint Treo 600 did not have a similar application. What do I have to do to get similar capability on my Sprint Treo? I can send emails anywhere via SMS but can't check email's on my home and work accounts.
    Handspring didn't include the mail app with the Sprint Treo 600, but has a beta version of it currently available on their web site. You can read about it and download it from this URL:

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...tProducts=4442

Do note that there is no "Other" option when setting up an email account, so just pick a service, then go back afterwards and edit the server information to be whatever you need it to be.

- Mike
    You need a third party email app like Eudora, or snappermail (my fav). You can configure it to retrieve email from most clients. I have mine configured to retrieve from my sprint email acct....and mt comcast acct.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I believe you were talking about Office Online or maybe the simpler mMode on AT&T. Sprint has a similar thing called Business Connection. You run an app on your computer that forwards your email. It also lets you to check non-corporate email.

Joe
    Originally posted by rdt7
    This may seem like a dumb question but here goes. I switched to Sprint from ATT ($80 for unlimited web access for ATT to $15 for Sprint - go figure).

ATT had a mail application, separate from SMS, that you could configure with your server addresses, user name and password, etc to send and receive email. My Sprint Treo 600 did not have a similar application. What do I have to do to get similar capability on my Sprint Treo? I can send emails anywhere via SMS but can't check email's on my home and work accounts.
    Go with mikev's suggestion, get Handspring's e-mail app.

I've been using it for a while and it's pretty decent.
  6.    #6  
    OK, I downloaded the PalmOne/Handspring POP3 email app. I can now receive the emails from my account but can't send. What are the correct setting for the outgoing SMTP server? The manual says "SMTP.sprintpcs.com" I tried this with no luck. Is there also an outgoing mail server user name and password? The program has a place to enter these. On ATT I left them blank but what about Sprint?

Other thoughts?
  7.    #7  
    OK, after 3 calls with Sprint, I finally have the Palm POP3 email app working. It wound up being a password problem of some type. Only until I got to a Level 2 Tech rep did I get correct advice. The lower level rep actually gave me incorrect advice on the outgoing server name (it's smtp.sprintpcs.com just as the instructions say) and she had me change my password on the PC which didn't get to my Treo. The Level 2 Tech rep walked me through unlocking the phone and manually changing the password to the new one in the system. Problem solved.

Lesson: insist on a Level 2 Tech Rep if you have any issue that's slightly out of the ordinary. Quiz the rep to see what they know, and if they're shaky - go to Level 2. If they refuse to connect you, call back until you get someone who knows what they're talking about.

I spent almost 2 hrs. total on this problem, but still it was a better experience than I had with ATT.
    I spent a few days looking around on the forum after i got my treo for christmas, and i think the best email client is snappermail. It just really works well and will do auto fecth on multiple accounts. I have it check my school and my other account every 20 minutes. When i get back to my puter, i just shut snapper mail auto fecth off. Way kewl

Claire
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Originally posted by rdt7
    I can send emails anywhere via SMS but can't check email's on my home and work accounts.
    RTd - have you tried using Sprint's PCS Business Connection Personal Edition to push your outlook mail and pull (POP) your other mail?