unlim=10.00 per month
    100sms=5.00 per month
    individual sms=00.10

sms with a vision pack
    unlim=5.00 per month
    100sms=included
    individual=00.10 (over 100)
    and it is send OR receive.
    I wonder how they will treat SMS's that are alerts for Business Connect mail and events? It doesn't seem right to charge for that when it is (or was) part of the service. But I can't imagine that they will be abkle to distinguish between these and other incoming SMS's for billing purposes.
    withou a vision pack
    unlim=10.00 per month
    100sms=5.00 per month
    individual sms=00.10

sms with a vision pack
    unlim=5.00 per month
    100sms=included
    individual=00.10 (over 100)
    and it is send OR receive.
    If there are 100 Free SMS included with Vision, then it's not as bad I guess. I wish they would grandfather us, expecially people that bought a device that was suppose to send and recieve and there was no mention of an extra price. At least on Picture mail, the treo600 manaul has plenty of warnings about a posiable free being added.

I still am going to wait till it goes live, becuase all this could change.

BTW, were did you get your info from?
    Dennis, are not those the same as Web Alerts? I think they are free with vision.

All I can say is COME ON PDA Apps, make the new Treo300/600SMS rock! I assume Sprint will still keep the old webmail/one way text going?
    But I can't imagine that they will be abkle to distinguish between these and other incoming SMS's for billing purposes
    I think the web alerts come via shortmail. That is why (at least the ones that i have) they ask for you carrier. Like my MSN one, wanted my 10digit number and my provider. I assume that they then add the correct @xxxx to the alert
    10digit@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    10digit@tmo-mail.net and the like?
    Does anyone know?
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Dennis, are not those the same as Web Alerts? I think they are free with vision.
    I don't know. But they have always come in on the Treo600 into the SMS app. I don't think they thought about charging for SMS until the rollout, so it wasn't a factor. I assume I receive over 100 a month, so now it is.

They are likely "conceptually" still free, but I'm not sure they have the billing mechanism set up to exclude them.
    I my Treo300 and now my 600 when I would get an SMS to either my 10digit number or the 10digit@mes... it would come thru as a plain text SMS type (if I remember correctly). So either way, it would work. However, my wifes only receives the @ type. the 10digit ones never get to here phone. Also I know she gets 50 free web alerts a month and still don't know what that is for sure. I assume from sites as an alert, verse a short mail, becasue she rarely show webalerts being used on her account, but I short mail her quite a bit. I am going to start a new thread about web alerts, i wanted to know anyway. Matt
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 01/28/2004 at 12:27 PM.
    It seems unfair to count received SMSs towards the total, since there doesn't seem to be a way to set your phone to reject SMS.
    It seems unfair to count received SMSs towards the total, since there doesn't seem to be a way to set your phone to reject SMS.
    Agree, I assume this is what the Web Alerts were, you HAD to sign up for them, intern excepting that you may go over your free 50 and get charged per?

I assume that if your phone can get SMS (one way measaging?)now, that you still will for no charge, but if you want to send, then it will cost you?

This is a very good question.
    people don't worry talked 2 the people @ PDA Apps and the are fixing the problem and should be hopefully done by friday or early next week why pay a mothly or worry about going over when u can get this software pay like 20 bucks and on top of it make sprint pay for it I did
    I Came, I Saw, I Conquered
    1st call to Sprint today-rep gave me the prices referred to earlier in this thread. This price applies to unlimited Vision Pack as well.

2nd call to Sprint today-asked rep to give me $5 Picture Mail credit for what I was told would be free under my Unlimited Vision Pack. I also cxl that & now am chargred $.02/k. So I ask for SMS pricing under my Unlimited Vision Pack. She said it was free.
    So I think I'll wait until I see something writing.
    Good Luck
    2nd call to Sprint today-asked rep to give me $5 Picture Mail credit for what I was told would be free under my Unlimited Vision Pack
    Just curoius, what gave you the impression it should have been free? Not saying it hsould not be, I think it should have been for the first adopters. However, the Treo600 manual was pretty clear that there would be a price with it, which it NOT the case with the SMS as far as I can tell.
  13.    #13  
    The store I manage sells sprintpcs and we got the info in the form of those narrow fliers. Now you do get 5 or 10 bucks on your vision pack to use for downloads so I called and asked If that could be applied to the cost of sms and I could not get an answer. when I do I will let you know (if someone else does not first). I mentioned the prob. with the inability to turn off "recieve" and the "rep" I talked 2 "thought" that sprint will make it so you can dissable it on your account.
    Originally posted by Burkhardi

Just curoius, what gave you the impression it should have been free? Not saying it hsould not be, I think it should have been for the first adopters. However, the Treo600 manual was pretty clear that there would be a price with it, which it NOT the case with the SMS as far as I can tell.
    The reason I was under the impression it was free is becasue the Sprint Rep told me it was free. After receiving the message from Sprint on my Treo asking me to sign up for permanent use -before agreeing, I called Sprint and they told me to agree and that my Unlimited Vision Package would over ride the charge. That's why I was under the impression it was included in my package.

My confidence level is low when believing what I'm told vs what's on my bill. But I must say that Sprint has always addressed my concerns to my satisfaction when I had a problem with the charges.

Good Luck
    so you got the SMS is ready SMS from your Treo from Sprint? Or are you refering to the Pic Mail? Did you get the reps name so you can use it if need be? Boy I hope your right.Thanks
    Just to clarify-The 1st Sprint rep today told me that there would be additional charges for using SMS on my Unlimited Vision Plan. The 2nd rep told me that SMS was included in my Unlimited Vision Plan.
    Comfusion Continues.
    Good Luck
    Me too. I called twice today...about unrelated issues. The first rep said there would be an additional charge...both an unlimited plan and a kb plan. He read me a bunch of stuff from a memo he had...but it didnt include anything about pricing.

The second rep said she didnt have anything in writing, but that the sms would be included in my vision plan when it was launched on Feb 8 (nationally...I guess it got pushed back?)

Still in the dark...but I think they would be making a huge mistake if they did not offer a cheap (5.00) unlimited plan.
  18.    #18  
    I am telling you guys the trueth. I am looking at the flyer right now. the prices and conditions are correct.
    Current Vision
    "Unlimited Messaging (including text messaging and email) "

So how are they going to charge us?
    I know they can and will, but this says that they can't.. Yea, right
    http://sprint.com/pcsbusiness/plans/voice/vision.html

PCS Vision Premium Pack
    Best for downloading ringers, games, screen savers and sending messages.

• Unlimited PCS Vision Access includes:
    • Unlimited web-based Messaging, including PCS Short Mail, with email and instant messaging from America Online® and Yahoo!®
    • Unlimited Web access
    • Up to $10 credit per month towards the download of premium services (ringers, games, screen savers and other services)
    From what i've read on howardforums.com, Sprint will be grandfathering in those that had a PCS Vision plan and an SMS capable phone before the launch of SMS. The reason for this is that changing the plan without your permission would technically void out your contract, and apparently they've made this mistake before and don't want it to happen again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast