Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Guys,
    I am able to send/receive emails, plus can do SMS with other providers. Finally!!!
    Not everywhere yet. I left Cleveland, OH this am SMS was working (send&receive). In Chicago, IL currently and cannot send.
    Not in NY & NJ.....yet
    ditto not in NY yet.

I dont have treo600sms installed so that i wont confuse the two prgms when it actually wrks

emails were never a problem. use treo mail
    I have Treo600 SMS

I disable it when I check to see if Sprints SMS is working

Not here in DC area.

I suppose nobody got a text message saying it was yet like they said would happen.

Does it work for anyone else in DC?
    Fully functional here! Plus constant resets!
    All noobs click here
    It's up and running in Boston, send and receive right off the Treo, no other software needed.

ITS ABOUT TIME!
    Working perfectly for me here in NYC Manhattan.

No resets (and I have naver had treo600SMS).

Works really great actually!! Very pleased...
    Dominique
    Im in lower manhattan and nothing here
    Been receiving and sending since Sunday nite.

Sprint's SMTP and POP servers went down around the time this came up so I was unable to send, receive or retrieve email for about 18 hours. Now EVERYTHING is working just fabulously.

I assume Sprint won't send out the "its working" text message until everybody is up and running. That date, according to the text messaging site, is Feb. 4

K
    for those of you that have working sms, did you receive the sprint notification? or did it just start to work when you tried it?
    Well, maybe we do not have the same firmware version, or you have some incompatible third-party software.

I am working in madtown and live in lower Manhattan, and it has been working for me perfectly since yesterday in both places.

Good luck!
    Dominique
    It's not working out here in the bay area, and it's making me crazy!
    Ido, NO, Sprint did NOT send a message letting me know that SMS was functional. I just happened to try it yesterday (1/26/04) and found that I could send and receive message.
    Originally posted by ido
    for those of you that have working sms, did you receive the sprint notification? or did it just start to work when you tried it?
    No promised text message, but Sprint will likely wait to send it out once THE ENTIRE COUNTRY is up and running.

Next stop is Handspring. We all need to bombard their techies to make sure they are working on some sort of patch to stop these nagging resets. Some are having constant problems. My experience has been 3 SMs associated resets in 2 days.

Must be a firmware issue that Handspring will need to resolve.

K
    Originally posted by PattiB
    It's not working out here in the bay area, and it's making me crazy!
    When I called Sprint they said we would be getting it on the 30th.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Last edited by hova; 01/27/2004 at 12:06 PM.
    The 30th?! Bastahds!

I can't believe they think it's OK to break the existing service for a week or more without rolling out the new one.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Originally posted by nchargreed

No promised text message, but Sprint will likely wait to send it out once THE ENTIRE COUNTRY is up and running.

Next stop is Handspring. We all need to bombard their techies to make sure they are working on some sort of patch to stop these nagging resets. Some are having constant problems. My experience has been 3 SMs associated resets in 2 days.

Must be a firmware issue that Handspring will need to resolve.

K
    Hey nchargreed, It's a known issue about the reset's and they are working on a patch. One of the sprint representative was talking about it in one of the forum's on here.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t46755/s.html
    And I live in baltimore and SMS isn't working yet
    Some of us (me!! ) do not have the reset problem though...

So I do not know if it is a treo issue (firmware, 3rd-party?) or a Sprint issue (depending on the location? depending on their towers or servers?)

Hopefully it will get solved for everybody soon!
    Dominique
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast