Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    I don't know the answer to this question. It just came to me after reading what CarlGalgano wrote.

    Windows is about 20 years old. I wonder how reliable Fords were 20 years after the Model T.
    I have the world in my Palm
  2. #22  
    I upgraded from a Treo 270/Cingular to a Sprint Treo 600 and have been loving it. I now do 90% of my e-mail on the Treo, a huge chunk of my web browsing/remote web based work, use SSH to administer my servers and manage my life (calender and phone). I now have a cell signal in my home (whereas I can't get a GSM signal from any of the GSM providers at home) and have unlimited high speed data. No problems at all. I'm loving it.
  3. #23  
    Originally posted by CarlGalgano
    I am glad my car does not run any Windows OS.
    Funny you should mention that because the navigation system in my car runs a version of Windows. Modern cars are so dependent on computers that rebooting them is a common procedure!

    I understand BoeingPilot's frustration with a product that does not deliver what it promises for him. If the service is so bad where he lives then he should ask Sprint for a partial refund of his monthly charge; they are undoubtedly aware of the problems.

    Given all the variables in this type of technology, I'm surprised it works as well as it does. Let's hope it gets better, soon.
  4. #24  
    I just received a check from a class action settlement against a credit card provider I used to use. I didn't even know I was a member of the class involved in the lawsuit. But I got a settlement check!!!

    My windfall: 12 cents.

    Waahooo!!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5. #25  
    Originally posted by heberman

    My windfall: 12 cents.
    You'd be more disheartened if you found out what the lawyers made....
  6. #26  
    Originally posted by BoeingPilot
    Carl,

    Thank you for your thoughts. While I agree that frivolous lawsuits are a bane on our society, I would argue that this one is not frivolous.

    We were sold a product with certain specifications and expectations. Obviously (to me at least) some aspects of the product were not ready for primetime. Should we be expected to be the 'beta tester'? With $500 invested in the phone, at least $100 in accessories and a Sprint bill of $100/ month, I have $900 invested with more to go. On top of that I can't even start counting my wasted time trying to get things to work right.

    For example, I depend on web access for my consulting business. I purchased the device because I felt it would add value to my services. Instead I've ended up tracking down Sprint's problems.

    I'm not looking to get rich. The purpose of any lawsuit would be to get Sprint to get their act in gear and for PalmOne to support their product properly. Perhaps with enough potential plaintiffs Sprint would allocate the appropriate resources to this product.

    Remember, we are a very small user base of Sprints total customer list. This would be just like the old saying, the squeeky wheel gets the grease!



    Just my 2 cents.

    Are you really bored, or just plain insane...think about what you are saying. Sprint is a rather large company, large companies like sprint tend to be rich. Rich and Large is 2 parts of an equation, and that is Rich+Large=Many Lawyers who get paid more in an hour than you get paid in a year. Now multiply that by about 25, because that's probably how many lawyers they have. Now maybe I'm wrong, but usually people don't get paid if they aren't very good at their job, seeing as how these lawyers can take out large loans and pay them back with interest just because they're bored, I think they must be good at their job. I apologize in advance for my next statement, but please understand I am trying to say this in the utmost respect. I laugh at your claims. No one said you HAD to go out and buy a $500 phone the day it came out, no one said you HAD to keep it before the 14 day trial was over, no one said that SMS was fully complete at the testing level, no one said you HAD to use blazer, no one said that you HAD to choose Sprint (especially if it was because of you wanted to keep your phone number) for that matter. I laugh even harder that the defendent will have one piece of "evidence" and that "evidence" will be twice as strong as your entire case...would you like to know what it is? Your contract, yeah that piece of paper where they made you sign the dotted line....you signed it, you're bound to it, if you don't like pay them $150 terminate it, or suck it up and deal with it. As far as a defective product...please, you had 2 weeks in addition to a warranty You have too much free time, too little knowledge on such concepts, and that DOESN'T add up to a smart idea.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  7. #27  
    Originally posted by Geo-Treo

    Funny you should mention that because the navigation system in my car runs a version of Windows. Modern cars are so dependent on computers that rebooting them is a common procedure!

    I understand BoeingPilot's frustration with a product that does not deliver what it promises for him. If the service is so bad where he lives then he should ask Sprint for a partial refund of his monthly charge; they are undoubtedly aware of the problems.

    Given all the variables in this type of technology, I'm surprised it works as well as it does. Let's hope it gets better, soon.
    Geo-Treo, at least your resolution makes sence and is a resonable course of action when someone is not happy with a product.

    Class action suits are usually fabricated by lawyers, because they are the ONLY one that make any money in them. The "class" is generally a pawn.

    I am glad my beamer nav-system does not run windows. I have never had to reboot my car, but I do change the oil.
    Carl
  8. #28  
    This is a great idea, they sell a T600 product, it has a certain promise in terms of funcitonality but yet it doesnt perform to that expectation. In fact it does not work at all. They need to be taught that this is unacceptable business practice. A law suit is just what they need and deserve. Go get the idiots!
    Scott T DeBlaze
  9. #29  
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600



    Are you really bored, or just plain insane...think about what you are saying. Sprint is a rather large company, large companies like sprint tend to be rich. Rich and Large is 2 parts of an equation, and that is Rich+Large=Many Lawyers who get paid more in an hour than you get paid in a year. Now multiply that by about 25, because that's probably how many lawyers they have. Now maybe I'm wrong, but usually people don't get paid if they aren't very good at their job, seeing as how these lawyers can take out large loans and pay them back with interest just because they're bored, I think they must be good at their job. I apologize in advance for my next statement, but please understand I am trying to say this in the utmost respect. I laugh at your claims. No one said you HAD to go out and buy a $500 phone the day it came out, no one said you HAD to keep it before the 14 day trial was over, no one said that SMS was fully complete at the testing level, no one said you HAD to use blazer, no one said that you HAD to choose Sprint (especially if it was because of you wanted to keep your phone number) for that matter. I laugh even harder that the defendent will have one piece of "evidence" and that "evidence" will be twice as strong as your entire case...would you like to know what it is? Your contract, yeah that piece of paper where they made you sign the dotted line....you signed it, you're bound to it, if you don't like pay them $150 terminate it, or suck it up and deal with it. As far as a defective product...please, you had 2 weeks in addition to a warranty You have too much free time, too little knowledge on such concepts, and that DOESN'T add up to a smart idea.

    Very nicely stated. I mean you didn't even call the guy a moron.
    Boeing pilot should have just returned his phone and got something else. of course he probably sued the company he bought his car from when it didn't handle exactly right or got 1 or 2 mpg less than the sticker stated. you are absolutely correct; way too much time on his hands.

    Originally posted by sdeblaze
    This is a great idea, they sell a T600 product, it has a certain promise in terms of funcitonality but yet it doesnt perform to that expectation. In fact it does not work at all. They need to be taught that this is unacceptable business practice. A law suit is just what they need and deserve. Go get the idiots!
    Scott did you buy a treo 600? Were you dissatisfied with it? Did you return it? My treo performs to my expectations. It has its limits but I think it's the best phone I've ever had. I am curious by what you mean "it does not work at all". If that's the case return it for a replacement. Duh!! Nothing is perfect.

    Just curious Boeingpilot and Scott, have you always lived up to everyone's expectations? Have you always kept your promises? Has your performance always met or exceeded your stated goals? I know the answer is No across the board because you are human. How many times have you been sued??
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  10. #30  
    Originally posted by Woof



    Very nicely stated. I mean you didn't even call the guy a moron.
    Thank you!

    I have to say one more thing. I spoke of the issue on a legal level, but not yet in a deeper sense. It is people like Boeing Pilot that promote moral decadence in youth. These kids grow up learning this kind of thing and throw a spin on it and make the suit even more frivolous. It's like an urban legend, the story gets stretched and stretched until it becomes so stupid that it twists something reasonable into a moronic waste of time. In this case, law suits were created for REASONABLE claims, now thanks to people like Boeing Pilot and the genius who didn't know mcdonalds coffee would be hot, frivolous law suits have become a past time. Not only this but it is people like boeing that jack up the prices of products...greater expenses=greater prices for us. If you do go through with this suit, and for some strange and where it applies odd reason that the judge doesn't dismiss this poor excuse of a case, and for some reason you get a jury drug addicts that reads the defendent guilty, the costs will sky rocket, then whats going to happen? Sprint will be angry with you, we as consumers will be even angrier at you. You will wind up causing more problems than you solve, you will become the enemy of both sides. Once again I'm sorry, but it must be said. You're a joke buddy, a really bad joke.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  11. #31  
    My flight to Shanghai was delayed 2 hours because the pilots did not show up. Who should I sue?

    Anybody that believes what an advertisement or salesperson says is asking to be disappointed. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

    Never expect anything to work better than it does from when you first buy it, no matter what anybody else says or promises.
    I have the world in my Palm
  12. #32  
    Today I ordered a supreme pizza with jalapenos and they forgot the jalapenos, looks like I'm going to be filing a class action lawsuit against pizza hut

    i think its time to close this thread....what a waste of data.
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions