1.    #1  
    just sent my self an SMS worked!!!!

my apologies if everyone knew this already..
    Originally posted by brooklynbound
    just sent my self an SMS worked!!!!

my apologies if everyone knew this already..
    I didn't know and it still doesn't work for me in Jersey. It's good to here someone in my area having it though; thanks
    Congrats! Still nothing in northern CA.
    Originally posted by scrinch
    Congrats! Still nothing in northern CA.
    According to Sprint CS the 30th is the day it will be turned on for us.
    Tallahassee Fl has SMS capabilities!!!
    Originally posted by jfmcdowell357
    Tallahassee Fl has SMS capabilities!!!
    Did you receive an SMS telling you it was ready?
    nope. I sent another one and got the following error message, something to the effect of

"Network is not working now, message will be sent later"
    Works in Cleveland
    Works in Central Massachusetts. Never received a notification from Sprint, though.
    Ok, I had to go to my computer so I could type all the details.
    I too have sent myself a sms. It went thru no problems.

When I try to send to another user,
    I have gotten the error message and I quote
    "Send Error
    The network is not responding now. The message will be sent later."

Immeadiately after I clear that alert, I am taken to the alerts screen, kinda like the app that lets you check your alerts without having to use the stylus. There were now alerts and I am aware that if you press the up button youwill cause a soft reset.

15 sec later my sms that I sent went thru the system. None of my friends are near their phones so I cannot test to see if I can recieve an outside sms, or if my outside sms's are being sent.

EDIT
    Ok I had an outside sms sent to me from a buddy using Att, when I got the sms, there was a soft reset, when I checked the sms there was a soft reset. and then finally it showed up and I can reply back. Obviously as the roll out progresses there are some issues that need to be worked out. As I tried to send back, I got the above error followed by it being sent out.
    Last edited by jfmcdowell357; 01/26/2004 at 02:22 PM.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Sprint's SMS seems to be working for me in NYC.

I sent and received and they all went through the SMS app.

The email gateway is working as well.
    You can send and receive from an email address.
    (To send, enter email address in to field.)
    (To receive, send to yournum@messaging.sprintpcs.com)

So, what's the latest on the pricing? Is this going to be included with our Vision? (It actually has nothing to do with Vision technically, though.)
    Originally posted by dennisl
    Sprint's SMS seems to be working for me in NYC.

I sent and received and they all went through the SMS app.

The email gateway is working as well.
    You can send and receive from an email address.
    (To send, enter email address in to field.)
    (To receive, send to yournum@messaging.sprintpcs.com)

So, what's the latest on the pricing? Is this going to be included with our Vision? (It actually has nothing to do with Vision technically, though.)
    Word on the street is, for people with Vision SMS is going to cost $5/month for unlimited or $0.10/message. For those without Vision, it will be $10/month for unlimited (even though SMS is unrelated to Vision).
    It sounds like the west coast is at the bottom of the list.
    This is my Treo. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Treo is my best freind. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Treo without me is useless. Without my Treo, I am useless......
    Can the treo 300 send SMS? I mean, we do have a SMS program, and the treo was originally intended to send it fine. Perhaps, if the current software can't do it, a free update will be released from Sprint?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone w/ CS and for what it's worth, he said unlimited SMS is included with my $15/month vision package.

I tend to believe him because when I look at my plan details at sprintpcs.com it clearly states unlimited web messages. Only time will tell if this is true but it appears to make sense.
    I'm working in Monmouth County and I cannot send SMS. I haven't tested in while in NYC, but I'm assuming that the network is the same for this region (tri-state). I also didn't receive a message from Sprint as well. I'm looking forward to the capability though...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Here in Long Island Ny and text msg is not working. Tried last night and this morning. Getting the same error msg as well all know of.
    I'm assuming that Sprint is waiting to send a notification message until the official launch. I am south of Boston, and SMS send and receive is working for me.
    Still nothing here in the Northern Virginia part of the DC Metro area...

- Mike