1.    #1  
    I noticed that lately SMS sent to my phone doesn't contain the "from" field anymore, which gives me a clue who is sending an email to me (via my sprintpcs's email address). What is going on here and how can I fix that?

Btw, I've read the other recent threads about SMS, but none mentioned my problem.
    I am having that problem now too. Now when I get a booty SMS, I have to go through 300 numbers before I found out who sent it! How embarrassing...
  3.    #3  
    Anyone know why this is going on and how to get it fixed?
    oggle, the answer to both of your questions is MO-SMS.
    Time is all we can do right now (and perhaps the software upgrade).
    Regards
    Originally posted by treoneo
    I am having that problem now too. Now when I get a booty SMS, I have to go through 300 numbers before I found out who sent it! How embarrassing...
    When I receive a MO-SMS, it shows up as a person's name if they are in my contacts database. What do you mean by 'booty' SMS? I may be misinterpreting your statement.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    LOL "booty sms" is like booty call! hehehe. :-D
    Originally posted by oggle
    I noticed that lately SMS sent to my phone doesn't contain the "from" field anymore, which gives me a clue who is sending an email to me (via my sprintpcs's email address). What is going on here and how can I fix that?

Btw, I've read the other recent threads about SMS, but none mentioned my problem.

I duplicated your problem as I understand it. I sent an email to my username@sprintpcs.com address from work. Sure enough, I get a SMS showing the following:

Date: 1/27/04 3:20 pm

workemail@work.com Subject: Test SMS notification
    (body of mail)

When I tap on the blue underlined email address, I go directly to HS mail ready for a reply. Pretty slick. Clearly it still works for me. I have done the update BTW. Hope this helps.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Originally posted by treoneo
    LOL "booty sms" is like booty call! hehehe. :-D
    That's what I thought it meant but wasn't quite sure.
    I get "no sender" or whatever even when I receive a SMS from someone who is in my address book. Anyone with an idea how to fix this, or where the problem originates, why it is suddenly doing this? I tried reinstalling with the latest version of of TreoSMS from PDApps, but still no luck. Help.
    Originally posted by ChemEngr

I duplicated your problem as I understand it. I sent an email to my username@sprintpcs.com address from work. Sure enough, I get a SMS showing the following:

Date: 1/27/04 3:20 pm

workemail@work.com Subject: Test SMS notification
    (body of mail)

When I tap on the blue underlined email address, I go directly to HS mail ready for a reply. Pretty slick. Clearly it still works for me. I have done the update BTW. Hope this helps.
    When I email my username@sprintpcs.com, I get "Check your PCS Mail!" SMS and when I email myphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com I get nothing at all. I can send and receive SMS on the phone just fine even works with non-sprint phones, but is there a way to have SMS delived over email? I never upgraded since my phone doesn't crash.
    Yes...instead of sending username@sprintpcs.com send yourphonenumber@sprintpcs.com. It gets sent via the internet instead.

As far as I can tell, yourphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com no longer works...weird thing is...if you send it yourphonenumber@sprintpcs.com, it comes through with the @messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Originally posted by ambero
    Yes...instead of sending username@sprintpcs.com send yourphonenumber@sprintpcs.com. It gets sent via the internet instead.

As far as I can tell, yourphonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com no longer works...weird thing is...if you send it yourphonenumber@sprintpcs.com, it comes through with the @messaging.sprintpcs.com
    When mailing number@sprintpcs.com I get 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias, which is a reply from their mail server smtp.sprintpcs.com.
    Odd....It goes through for me. In fact, thats saved my sanity several times latey when sms has gone down.

Sorry.
    Originally posted by ambero
    Odd....It goes through for me. In fact, thats saved my sanity several times latey when sms has gone down.

Sorry.
    What's odd is that it now started working for me with phone#@messaging.sprintpcs.com and what is cool is that I can send SMS reply and an email is recieved on the other end.