Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    PCS Short Mail & SMS Text Messaging
    PCS Short Mail:
    Allows you to send messages to and from almost any Internet-ready PCS Phone or this web site. Messages can be exchanged between your PCS Phone and other carriers' wireless phones (like AT&T Wireless, Verizon or T-Mobile). To send messages from your PCS Phone, go to Web > Messaging > PCS Short Mail. Recipients receive notification of new messages on their PCS Phones and can retrieve them by going to Web > Messaging > PCS Short Mail > Inbox.

SMS Text Messaging:
    Allows you to send messages from this web site to any PCS Phone. The phone doesn't have to be Internet-ready, but the recipient must have a plan including data or messaging. Messages cannot be sent to customers of other wireless carriers, and only recipients with 2-way SMS phones can send reply messages. Your message pops up on the recipient's phone; they do not have to access the Web from their phone to get it.

http://messagings.sprintpcs.com/html...ilsmsdiff.html
    Ok... this is how it is right now. SMS is one-way, Sprint only, while Short Mail is inter-service but requires web access to retrieve.

Sprint considers what we're calling SMS here to be Mo-SMS, and will be inter-service directly to/from your phone. So that is an explanation of what is currently available, not what will be available.

- Mike
  3.    #23  
    http://messagings.sprintpcs.com/textmessaging/settings
    I thought this was new?

Didn't know you had to be logged in.
    Log in via PC, goto "online tools", "textmessaging", then "settings&Preferences"
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 01/30/2004 at 12:19 PM.
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    http://messagings.sprintpcs.com/textmessaging/settings
    I thought this was new?

Didn't know you had to be logged in.
    Log in via PC, goto "online tools", "textmessaging", then "settings&Preferences"
    Did you notice the title of the webpage is 2-way SMS? Never saw this page before today.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5.    #25  
    it's up here in Austin Texas.
    I can send to any 10digit mobile number (if they have what it takes)
    I can send to email addys too, like my hotmail and my PCS account.
    However I can't send to a 10digit@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    I can send and receive it, but there is not text. Almost like Sprint it doing something on their end to stop this.

Anyone have a friends a T-moblie or ATT that you can MO-SMS to with their @carrier.com and see it it's just a @messagingSprintpcs.com thing?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...47596/s/h.html

anyway, it seems to be up here (for now) and I HAVE NOT recieved "the" SMS from Sprint saying so, no suprise, it's not live everywhere yet.
    Still not working in San Diego...
  7.    #27  
    Sorry to hear, but no shocker. I don't think it will be live everywhere untill a later date, then "THE" sms will go out.
    Untill then, just try it each morning....boy I have a lame life..LOL
    SMS is up and running in NH

Called Level 2 tech support:

he said something around the 15th

he said it will be around $5 or something for unlimited messaging

and most importantly he sounded knowledgable (unlike most of those bums)
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    OK, as of today SMS is up and running in Columbia, SC, but I am having a serious problem with it. Since installing the updater, and now that SMS is up, everytime I send or receive an SMS, my phone soft resets. This is consistent. Anybody out there had a similar experience? Anyone got a fix?

Peace,

Jack
    SMS is up and running fine here...no soft resets and its real close to instantaneous

-NH
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  11.    #31  
    SF, Are your running the old ROM or the new V1.10 Update?

Treo600SMS is still superiour..
    With the native app, I can send to a 10digitnumber with no issue, even other carriers. However, I can't SMS my wife like I use to with her 10digit@mess...com.
    However, with Treo600SMS enabled it all works fine.

BTW, I have to use the @messaging...com for my wifes due to it being a SamsiungA-460 and it's kinda limited. It has wireless web, no vision. but this workd fine for us.
    Burkhardi-

I used V1.10. I either get the WSOD (I have to soft reset) or it just soft resets by itself, no matter where I go after I send an SMS (either to the launcher or to the phone app). Suggestions? Other threads? I'm going to try reinstalling 1.10 this PM and see if that helps.

SF-SJ
  13.    #33  
    Try it again, turn off hacks and third party apps.
    Good luck
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    BTW, I have to use the @messaging...com for my wifes due to it being a SamsiungA-460 and it's kinda limited. It has wireless web, no vision. but this workd fine for us.
    All of Sprint's phones have the ability to receive SMS... the @messaging.sprintpcs.com gateway is just an email front-end to the system. Sprint disabled the ability to send messages except through the web because they wanted to make it so that you had to pay extra for the ability to send the messages. But when you send a short mail message or one through the email gateway, essentially it's sending the phone an SMS with either the URL to retrieve the message or the contents of your email.

So you can send with SMS... but she would need to use the wireless web to respond to you.

- Mike
    Originally posted by SF-SJ
    Burkhardi-

I used V1.10. I either get the WSOD (I have to soft reset) or it just soft resets by itself, no matter where I go after I send an SMS (either to the launcher or to the phone app). Suggestions? Other threads? I'm going to try reinstalling 1.10 this PM and see if that helps.

SF-SJ
    I'm right there with you. Reset on send, like 80% of the time, and when it doesn't reset immediately, i usually get the WSOD when I try to switch apps out of the native SMS app. I'm on 1.10 too.

I sure hope Sprint fixes this at some point- it seems like this is a flaw unique to the CDMA Treo600's and that the GSMers aren't having any of the same problems. I've read a lot of other threads here, and I thought this problem might be specific to geographic location, but it's hard to tell.

Lots of people have had SMS come up in their location over the last week. Last I talked to a sprint rep, she told me that the date was Feb 16th for nationwide roll-out. I've been holding off on complaining until Sprint announces that it's supported... and holding my breath that they fix the soft-reset on send issues before they make the announcement.

So- long story short- you're not alone, but I don't have an answer for you :-(

did re-installing the 1.10 updater fix your problems?
    Is there a way for someone to email a text message (other than going to the Sprint website and filling out the form) to a Treo/Sprint user? Thanks.
    Yes, they should be able to email 10digitnum@messaging.sprintpcs.com and it should find its way to your phone.

- Mike
    Funny - I can get SMS in from other carriers, but can't send. But I CAN send to myself...how useful.
  19.    #39  
    Looks like we will be grandfathered
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t48249/s.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12