1.    #1  
    When I perform a hot sync between my treoo 600 and my computer, all of my files are transferring over except my photos. Is there any reason why the photos are not ttransferring to my Treo photos folder?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Go to the preferences and make sure you have backup during hotsync checked. Also, make sure the pictures are stored on your Treo and not an SD card - they don't hotsync from the card.
  3.    #3  
    I have the preferences box checked and photos are stored on unit, not on an SD card. I called Handspring and they refer me to Sprint. After waiting for over an hour, I get someone who has no idea what the problem is, and they are supposedly "tier 2".
    I've had the same problem. I don't know what the deal is. I have replaced and/or hard resetted my phone a couple of times and the pictures do end up back on my Treo. For some reason, I just can't find the photos anywhere on my computer. Not very convenient - I've had to email each picture to myself and open it from there.
    Photos should be in c:\program files\handspring\treo pictures, then a folder with your hotsync name. Also check the conduit in Hotsync manager and make sure it's set to synchronize. Even though it says synchronize, nothing will move from the PC back to the Palm... it's a one-way conduit - Palm to PC.
    Photos should be in c:\program files\handspring\treo pictures, then a folder with your hotsync name. Also check the conduit in Hotsync manager and make sure it's set to synchronize. Even though it says synchronize, nothing will move from the PC back to the Palm... it's a one-way conduit - Palm to PC.
    Pictures CAN be transfered from PC to Palm. Just put them in the folder "transfer"in Treopictures, and after the next hotsync they appear in the camera-folder of the Treo!
    Of course I've only tried this with pictures that are the same size as Treopictures. Not sure what will happen if the picture is larger....
    Pictures CAN be transfered from PC to Palm. Just put them in the folder "transfer"in Treopictures, and after the next hotsync they appear in the camera-folder of the Treo!
    I just tried to hotsync a 1,3MB picture and guess what:

It works! It is now in the treo camera-app.

Well, another question answered!
    Thanks, but..

I know where the pictures "should" be. That folder is empty. My pictures are set to synchronize. I've run searches for photos on my hard drive, but they just aren't there. Somehow, my treo pictures are backing up, but just not in a format or location that allows me to view them on my computer.
    You aren't the only one - same problem.
    I too am not able to sync media. The sync continues with out error, but never completes. If I choose to sync with the media conduit set to Do Nothing, the Sync completes promptly, with out error.

Still, I tried to install the Palm sw on a computer that never had seen Palm sw, and the media syncs fine. I want to know if all of you folks that are struggling have upgraded from an earlier palm?

The Tech support says that I have a photo program that is interfering with the sync. I am not able to troubleshoot further. I have spent so many hours on this product and just want it to work.
    I used to have this problem on my old Treo 600 as well. The problem was that the imagefile_lb (which stores the treo cam images in ram) was corrupted and thus was not syncing correctly. The only solution I found was to first copy the images I wanted to save to the card, and then deleting image_lib file from ram. The file reappears automatically. This solved my treo pic hotsync problems and I was able to correctly sync once again. Hope that helps...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I had the same problem and read somehwere that merely removing the SD card and reinserting helped solve problem. I tried and it worked. Don;t know why though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I used to have this problem on my old Treo 600 as well. The problem was that the imagefile_lb (which stores the treo cam images in ram) was corrupted and thus was not syncing correctly. The only solution I found was to first copy the images I wanted to save to the card, and then deleting image_lib file from ram. The file reappears automatically. This solved my treo pic hotsync problems and I was able to correctly sync once again. Hope that helps...
    Can you please explain how you removed imagefile_lb from the RAM? I can't seem to find anything with that in the list. Thanks.

-Adam