Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I am south of Boston and for the past two weeks I have not been able to access Vision. At best it is extremely slow and most of the time it just times out. E-mail works fine, just no web access. I had the same problem about two months ago then it cleared up. When I travel it works fine. Anyone else running into this?
    no problem with the vision stuff in central Mass. It is just Sprint as a company that sucks. Can't wait to see the new data stuff from Verizon due soon.
    JON
    No problems North of Boston (Arlington, Burlington, Woburn...). I work in Westford and except for a dead zone in the Concord/Lincoln area, Sprint coverage (including data) is good all the way between home and work.

This reminds me: I was having a weird problem with Blazer last night. All other network apps worked fine (Mail, Hand/RSS as well as Web Pro) but Blazer would time out when "Sending..." a request. Even disconnecting the network and reconnected as well as a soft reset had no effect. Blazer works fine today so I'm not sure what the problem was.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I am in the Brookline area and am having the same exact problem!! email works fine, but web access is horrendous. it basically says "sending" and never moves from there.

Same problem you are having? If you come up with a solution, please let me know.

I am using a Treo 600, btw.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I talked with a Sprint rep yesterday and he stated they had no reported problems in the Boston area. This same thing happened two months ago and there were a dozen Boston people on TC talking about it. I received the same comments from Sprint at that time. WE ALL CALLED INTO SPRINT TO MAKE THEM AWARE OF HOW BIG THE PROBLEM WAS AND IT WAS FIXED FAST. IF WE WANT ACCEPTABLE VISION SERVICE IN BOSTON PLEASE PLEASE CALL SPRINT. I f you use this number it will get you right to the proper people 1-866-884-4534.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Originally posted by garyt01
    I talked with a Sprint rep yesterday and he stated they had no reported problems in the Boston area. This same thing happened two months ago and there were a dozen Boston people on TC talking about it. I received the same comments from Sprint at that time. WE ALL CALLED INTO SPRINT TO MAKE THEM AWARE OF HOW BIG THE PROBLEM WAS AND IT WAS FIXED FAST. IF WE WANT ACCEPTABLE VISION SERVICE IN BOSTON PLEASE PLEASE CALL SPRINT. I f you use this number it will get you right to the proper people 1-866-884-4534.

Actually, last night is started working well again. No more problems here.

I am having the same problem in CT, even though my wifes Treo is working fine. See this thread...there are a number of us...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t46007/s.html

ctdw
    I just got off the phone with a supervisor in the Vision call center. It does not appear that they are working on this issue or even know about it.

I would suggest that everyone with this problem call in and request that a trouble ticket be opened so they know how many people are effected.

The Vision tech support number is 877-228-2257.

ctdw
    There are at least three other threads about this issue. It's not a matter of Vision not working because most people are able to use text message,pop mail program, etc. But Blazer is certainly having problems. I've spoken to 4 vision techs and a few supervisors over the past two weeks and the general consensus is that this ongoing SMS rollout is f***ing up everything. Just read the threads about frequent SMS related soft resets. I was in a SprintPCS store the other day and the manager said that everything...including their in store computer systems are being brought down daily by all of the crap going on with the network. They do know about the problem and I assume they are trying to fix it. They have just tried to do too much at once. It does seem that my Blazer browsing was a bit less spotty last week than the week before. It still sucked, only less. Inexcusable. Totally. But, what are you gonna do? I suggest searching these forums for a link to the patched version of WebPro. This works when Blazer doesn't and is significantly faster anyway. Graphics are occasionally glitchy but at least you can browse.
  10. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    i work in manhattan and commute home to connecticut. i've experienced the exact same symptoms described in previous posts. verichat works. ping works. the business connection personal edition client works. but blazer never receives anything. it always reports "sending". is blazer more than a direct web browser? does it talk to some proxy server?? or could they be blocking port 80?? blazer worked this morning on the way in and failed all the way home tonight.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I live in Boston, MA, and thought the problem was resolved, but now it looks like its back again! Can anyone figure this out?!?!?
  12. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    sat next to a guy on the train last night with his own treo 600. i described the symptoms and he realized he'd been experiencing it too. based on the symptoms, it doesn't seem to be a simple radio data link issue since many other things work. i've asked this before and i'll ask it again, does anyone know how the blazer browser works? does it use a proxy server? (since people keep suggesting proxies as work-around without explaining why it should work).
    I also live in the Boston area and have problems with the browser "sending" but not "receiving" data. It either doesn't work at all or is VERY slow. I called Sprint last night and logged a complaint with them about this problem.

The customer rep told recorded my complaint, and he also suggested that I go to the Sprint PCS website, click on "Contact Us", and e-mail the complaint.

Maybe we should all do that so that they become very aware of the problem. (I also suggest that people CALL sprint, like I did.)