1.    #1  
    I'm thinking of getting the Sprint Treo 600, and am curious if anyone's been using it in Los Angeles, and could report on the service and reception they've been getting. (I'm in Hancock Park, East of LaBrea, so ideally feedback from someone in that area would be great... but I'd be happy to hear feedback from anyone in L.A.)

Thanks in advance!
    I have excellent service everywhere I've been in LA. A bit spotty in anahiem hills, but it's been fantastic everywhere for me.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    I live in Alhambra, just east of Downtown LA and I work at LAX airport. The reception at both location is excellent! Also during by commute, I take 10, 110, 710, 105 and 405 fwy and never had a dropped call yet!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I live in San Diego but frequently make trips to East LA county, Orange County, and LA/Hollywood. I've been with Sprint for 6 years now (deng that long?!?!?). Anyways, they have made major improvements in reception over the past few years and I can honestly say I am happy with the coverage now. For example, the stretch of I-5 from San Diego to Orange County (ie, Camp Penelton) used to be cutoff from SprintPCS coverage, but as of a few months ago, it is covered! I would recommend getting the Treo600 with Sprint.
    I experienced spotty coverage in Arcadia with Sprint T600...
    Originally posted by MikeShapiro
    I'm thinking of getting the Sprint Treo 600, and am curious if anyone's been using it in Los Angeles, and could report on the service and reception they've been getting. (I'm in Hancock Park, East of LaBrea, so ideally feedback from someone in that area would be great... but I'd be happy to hear feedback from anyone in L.A.)

Thanks in advance!
    No problems at all! I work in Hollywood and very close to Hancock Park and no issues at all. I live in Encino area so I do a lot of travelling around LA and can't recall a single drop out or no service area.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I live in the South Bay area of LA and work in Long Beach and have had pretty good reception all around the LA area with my 600. I have much better reception now than I did with T-mobile on my Motorola V60.
    Worked fine for me in Canoga Park!
    One is what One does.
    mwd
    Originally posted by theyams
    I live in the South Bay area of LA and work in Long Beach and have had pretty good reception all around the LA area with my 600. I have much better reception now than I did with T-mobile on my Motorola V60.
    I used to have a sidekick with tmobile and the service was horrendous. Lots of areas in Hollywood with no service. I would loose service just by going in a grocery store!
    Works great from Inglewood/LAX to Chatsworth - no drops.
    (405, 101 & 118 freeways)
    "Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?"