1.    #1  
    Wow! Sprint just ported my number in four hours, and the people were very helpful! That was amazing!

Maybe things have finally settled down. Is that possible?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    My porting toom MORE THAN 4 DAYS. I bought the Treo through this Web site. It turned out that treocentral.com and Sprint had completely different ESN numbers on file.
    43 days and counting...
    Were you trying to port from ATT? I'm getting ready too and I'm wondering how long it might take.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I ported my number to Sprint from Verizon. It turned out that Sprint and Treocentral had their phone "ESN" numbers crossed, and that caused a delay in initiating my service.
    Mine was from a Verizon land line...finally went through last week on day 44...well, sort of...Vision is still not working and I cant log on to the mypcs website.

best...port...ever
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Your info about porting your land line, Gambit, is good to know. My current land line is also with Verizon. I'm so enamored with the Treo 600 that I'm considering porting my land line number to my current Sprint service. I guess I'll think about it more.
    ATT to Sprint took less than 3 hours. ATT was quick to call me to warn me about a possible cancellation fee. I found that an interesting contrast to holding for almost an hour to reach ATT customer support.
    I bought a Treo600 from Amazon, ordered about 3 weeks ago. It finally showed up last friday, so I requested a number port from ATT wireless -> Sprint on 1/23. The Sprint CSR told me it might take a couple of days, but it was finished about 3 hours later- calling to and from my new Treo, receiving SMS messages, the whole 9 yards. So yeah, I guess things have finally "settled down" as you put it.

now if Sprint would turn on their SMS service in the bay area, everything would be just peachy! I guess I'll have to wait two more days, just like everyone else over here on the left coast...