1.    #1  
    Does anyone out there have a problem with occassionally missing incoming calls on their Sprint Treo 600. I sometimes have my Treo 600 on my desk in 4 bars coverage and have noticed the voicemail dialog suddenly appear (but didn't hear any incoming ring/vibrate). I've tried calling my Treo and have reproduced this issue where the Treo does not indicate any incoming call, and goes straight to voicemail. I don't have any data apps running (ie: Business Conneciton) that may be interfering with voice calls. Just wondering if this is just my Treo 600 (have had it happen on two of them). Thanks.
    Yes, I just had it happen about 10 minutes ago.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I have noticed this too, although I think it's a Sprint network issue (or a CDMA issue...?) not the Treo. The only exception would be if you are connected to Vision and someone happens to call right when the Treo is actively using the data connection (this can happen occasionally even when the connection is idle, I believe). In these instances, the caller won't hear any ringing - it will just go directly to voicemail.

Aside from this scenario, I have had instances where I've tried calling my phone (not connected to Vision) and it doesn't ring at all. Just sits there. Doesn't happen very often, and usually when I've got a weak signal. I've heard other Sprint users complain of this problem with other phones as well, so again I think this may be a network issue.
    I know I've seen other threads talking about this too....
    The only time I've noticed it happen is when I have an active data session going.
    I had the same thought about Vision; so, this morning, I turned off my data connection and tried it again today. I had the same problems today, even with data turned off.
    That is a classic sprint problem. I had it happen on both a motroloa flip phone and now the Sprint Treo, both on Sprint service in Dallas, Texas. If you ask Sprint about it, they say the local cell tower is full of calls and cannot place the call to your phone. The caller goes to VM and then you get the VM indicator. Another example of pooooooooor customer service from Sprint.
    I have had this same problem. I found out that the cause is from the greyed out arrows on the top periodically turn green even when I don't have any data connection going. If you stare at the grey arrows for a minute or two, you will probably see the same thing. When the arrows are green, you won't get any calls; they will go directly to voice mail.

I have solved this by manually disconnecting from the network after I use the Vision service (Preferences-Network-Disconnect). I don't miss any calls after disconnecting.
    It's Sprint. It has not happened since I got the Treo 600, however, it did happen a few times when I had the Kyocera 6035.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    PHAnthony -

The problem that you describing is different than the one that we are experiencing. As you can see from my previous post, I was disconnected from vision and still experiencing this problem. My first thought was that my IM software or my email software was doing something in the background. I have been testing with vision off, and I still have the symptoms. Today, Sprint replaced my T600.

I'm going to try it for a few days and I'll post my results.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    WFTarHeel, I hope it's a problem with your Treo, but I kinda doubt it. As others have said, this seems to be a Sprint issue. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to happen very often (to me at least), but it is annoying.
    Minsc - I hope so too, but like you, I doubt it. I'm having a couple of problems with my Treo; so, maybe one of them will be addressed by the replacement.

Thanks...
    Same thing happens to me as well. I guess I'll buy the "tower too full of calls" arguement, but that is really just a poor excuse. They should design the towers so that they have 35% overhead during peak predicted call volumes - typical de-rating to avoid such issues.
    it's 2:15am here in manhattan, and still my treo sometimes rings sometimes not.

i don't think it's a tower issue.

i do think cell phone companies suck. sprint in particular.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I'm also having this problem, but with a slightly different twist. The call comes in, it makes a very short muffled tone, and then stops ringing, but if you're watching the screen, you can SEE that the caller is still there.

When I'm having this problem, I can actually call myself from another phone and reproduce the problem several times, as long as I don't unlock the Treo600. Once I do unlock it, I get my ringers back and sounds normal as ever.

Now I need to find out what sequence makes it go silent in the first place - right now, it just seems random, and it's frustrating as heck!

Carol
    Quote Originally Posted by clorenger
    I'm also having this problem, but with a slightly different twist. The call comes in, it makes a very short muffled tone, and then stops ringing, but if you're watching the screen, you can SEE that the caller is still there.

When I'm having this problem, I can actually call myself from another phone and reproduce the problem several times, as long as I don't unlock the Treo600. Once I do unlock it, I get my ringers back and sounds normal as ever.

Now I need to find out what sequence makes it go silent in the first place - right now, it just seems random, and it's frustrating as heck!

Carol
    I have the same problem you can see it ring but no sound and I miss a lot of calls it can be just laying on my desk or on belt I thought the botton was being pushed by halster but I dont that is it now.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Just as a followup, I wanted to let you know that I continued to have a lot of problems, and ended up taking mine back to the Sprint store.

They tested it, found some problems, and swapped out my original unit (from Oct 03) for a new one. So far - no issues at all and I feel much more confident that I'm getting all my calls.