1.    #1  
    I am thinking about getting the Treo 600 and would like to know how the coverage in Boise is. I am a Verizon customer who has had great coverage that I don't want to sacrifice. My opinion of Sprint is low based on forums and the fact that I know very few people on Sprint. I am open to switching if I can get the same type of coverage that I have with Verizon. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Originally posted by nittanyjack
    I am thinking about getting the Treo 600 and would like to know how the coverage in Boise is. I am a Verizon customer who has had great coverage that I don't want to sacrifice. My opinion of Sprint is low based on forums and the fact that I know very few people on Sprint. I am open to switching if I can get the same type of coverage that I have with Verizon. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Here is what I did.. go to a local Sprint dealer (a dealer is probably better than a Sprint store) and ask them to allow you to carry an unactivated phone around for a few days. You will be able to see the signal strength bars as well as call the customer service number and this will indicate the type of service you will receive. Also you can see where you might go into roaming mode.

Doesn't really matter what kind of phone you use as long as it is on the Sprint network. My dealer had a junk box of old flip-phones and he let me borrow one for a week.
    I have a T600 in Boise and have had no problems at all with reception. I even get good service in Walmart! Service is good all the way to Idaho Falls/Pocatello, but not too hot in the mountains of Oregon. Feel free to e-mail me with questions.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by cwbaker

Here is what I did.. go to a local Sprint dealer (a dealer is probably better than a Sprint store) and ask them to allow you to carry an unactivated phone around for a few days. You will be able to see the signal strength bars as well as call the customer service number and this will indicate the type of service you will receive. Also you can see where you might go into roaming mode.

Doesn't really matter what kind of phone you use as long as it is on the Sprint network. My dealer had a junk box of old flip-phones and he let me borrow one for a week.
    Thanks for your help. I went my local Sprint store and they gave me an activated Treo 600 for 2 days so that I could test the signal along with the phone. The phone is awesome(best smartphone out) and I see no problems in Boise with the signal. Now I just have to decide when I will switch or if I will wait to see if Verizon offers this phone. Thanks again.