1.    #1  
    Hi all,

This afternoon around 5 PM EST near Raleigh, I was completely unable to keep a phone connection. With 4 bars, I would get signal faded, call is lost message over and over again. Continued on through 6:30 PM EST.

Did anyone else experience anything like this? Called Sprint, and they said they had no known issues near Raleigh.

Matt
    Matt, where did this happen to you?

I had it happen a couple of times on Capital Blvd and yesterday on 540. I looked at the phone immediately after it happened, and I had 4 bars and it said signal faded.

The calls on Capital Blvd really ticked me off because it happened several time and I had a 4 to 5 bar signal and I had just left the Sprint Store on Capital Blvd where I had upgraded to the $100/mo plan. I was really feeling like I had made a mistake. Then, I didn't have any big problems again until yesterday on 540.
    I don't have sprint but those are very high traffic area's. Most likely you were getting tranferred to a new cell tower and the new cell tower was overloaded. Since a lot of people are off from work I imagine there is a lot more of a load on the towers in certain areas than normal.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
  4.    #4  
    WFTarheel,

Mine was happneing all over:

Hwy 1/40 near Crossroads Mall
    Hwy 55 in Fuquay
    Hwy 42 between Fuquay and Clayton

Over and over and over. Today, my fiance (also has a T600) is having the same problem on 40 near the 70 interchange in Garner.

Called Sprint, they said it's a problem with the phone... NOT!

ShockSSL, this has NEVER happened before. So, what's happening is that so many new subscribers joined in one day that it started?????

Matt
    This has happened to me before. Sometimes when there is lots of traffic on I-40 because of a big accident or something I will try to use my cell phone but because almost everyone else had the same idea as me I the tower got full and I couldn't complete a call.

Anyway, I wasn't saying a bunch of new subscribers, I was saying there was an abnormal amount of people using a single cell tower. Such was the case around the holidays when lots of people are in a mall all using the same tower and all on their cell phones. Anyway, this may not be the reason and it may be Sprint's fault. I personally hate Sprint and all of cell phone carriers but currently tolorate Cingular.

Another idea could be that somehow the phone or some of their towers' timestamps are getting off. I know from the CDMA spec that they rely heavily on an accurate timestamp and this could result in dropped calls and other problems.

I hope y'all get your problems worked out.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Matt, it's not the t600. I have one of those, but I was using the phone that I had just bought for my wife. I've had it happen with both of my phones.

I'm up close to Canada right now, and I have had better luck everywhere that I've used the phone on the way up, beginning in Henderson. I've had pretty poor performance all over North Raleigh and Wake Forest recently. I don't know what the issue is. I've been using my phone in my office with a four bar signal and had people that cannot hear me. I don't understand that either.

Good luck to you. I hope things get better for us.