Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I would assume that sms messages are unlimited and are simply part of the sprint data plan. is this correct? -Thanks
    Sprint doesn't have SMS. It has Text messages and short mail. However, Sprint will shortly launch MO-SMS early next year (I hope), but it will NOT be part of unlimited vision. It will most likely cost an additional add-on fee. Fortunately, there is a strong rumor that all Treo600 early adopters will be grand-fathered into MO-SMS and have this feature included for free...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I live in Puerto Rico where all cell providers with the exception of sprint have all incoming calls are free plans (Centennial, Verizon, Cingular, MoviStar, AT&T). I am so sick and tired of being nickel and dimmed. The only reason I am with sprint is because I need unlimited data to take advantage of the Treo. To me that is worth more then incoming calls are free but I am the exception. sms has got to be the cheapest feature you could possible offer on these things. Cell providers should make their plans cheaper to create more usage not the other way around.

Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Sprint doesn't have SMS. It has Text messages and short mail. However, Sprint will shortly launch MO-SMS early next year (I hope), but it will NOT be part of unlimited vision. It will most likely cost an additional add-on fee. Fortunately, there is a strong rumor that all Treo600 early adopters will be grand-fathered into MO-SMS and have this feature included for free...
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Fortunately, there is a strong rumor that all Treo600 early adopters will be grand-fathered into MO-SMS and have this feature included for free...
    I've noticed a new item under the My Account --> My Usage screen that is accessible from the Vision home page on my Treo 600. It's titled "Wireless web messages" and when I follow that link it says "You have unlimited WIRELESS WEB MESSAGES."

Geez... when the time comes, I sure hope so!