Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Anyone know how/if I can keep my old (T-Mobile) number and get the full savings from the amazon treo 600 deal? I am looking to move to Sprint (no GSM coverage in my new apt.) and really want the '600

Thanx in adv.
    -J
    Yes! My dad just did this a few days ago. Basically, he ordered everything off of amazon, then went into a sprint store to do the number transfer. Then, he filled out the rebates! Worked great!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    ...my wife has a plan and I just want to add the phone on as a family plan?
    The amazon deal is nice but keep in mind several things:
    1-The sprint rebate for $150 is for a 2 year contract (you can get a $100 rebate for a 1 year contract)
    2-You still need to pay the full amount up front and you have to be on top of these companies about your rebates or you won't get them ALSO don't expect to see them for several months
    3-The Treo might be on back order so you might not get it any time soon.

With that said, I bought my T270 through them and although it took a long time to get the rebate, I loved it. I just wish I would have known the above facts first. Enjoy, even if it is with Sprint!
    The Amazon rebate form specifically states:
    "Note: this rebate does not apply to phone purchases for use on an existing account and phone number. If you already have an existing account and wish to obtain a second line of service( for a family member, employee, etc.), you will qualify for the rebate if you purchase and activate the phone with a new service plan.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Originally posted by jakemonO
    Anyone know how/if I can keep my old (T-Mobile) number and get the full savings from the amazon treo 600 deal? I am looking to move to Sprint (no GSM coverage in my new apt.) and really want the '600

Thanx in adv.
    -J
    I was going to port my old Cingular number over to my new Sprint Treo 600, but then I saw that they charged a $1.10 per month fee for what they call "local number portability," which is what I assume I would be doing:

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/Pa...=1073201496013

For me, it simply wasn't worth it.

-Jeff
    The number portability fee is not unique to Sprint. Most carriers have such a fee. It was specifically permitted by the FCC so that the carriers could cover the 'reasonable' up front and on going costs associated with number portability.

This not limited to just people who just use the service, everyone pays this, even on land lines.

On the other hand, not all carriers charge the same amount. From what I've heard the $1.10 from Sprint in on the high end.

Chris
    "I'm gonna get me a egg."