1.    #1  
    I noticed this on my plan information screen and thought I'd share. I did opt for 7 PM starting the Nights/Weekends, and while I was at it I went with the F&CA. But, the Off-Network Option was bugging me, so I called Sprint. And here is the difference

Free and Clear America is pseudo-unlimited in that you can use 1/2 of your standard minutes while roaming.

Off-Network Option is like F&CA except you have a set number of roaming minutes, oh, and it costs $10 more.

Thought I'd clear that up in case anyone else was confused by it or lost sleep or were just plain perplexed.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I decided to add Free and Clear America, but I'm not clear on whether or not I can still be charged for long distance. Do you know?
    That may not be 100% accurate. I just add F&CA to my plan and this is how the rep told me it worked:

I can only use up to 50% of the anytime minutes that I actually use (NOT that I have available to me). And if you have unlimited nights & weekends, if I make a roaming call on the weekend, it counts against my anytime minutes.

Example:
    * Let's say I have 1000 anytime minutes and unlimited nights & weekends.
    * Let's say I use up 200 anytime minutes on Sprint's network plus 400 nights & weekend minutes (the amount of minutes here is irrelevant since I have unlimited N&W).
    * Given the above, I am only allowed to use up to 100 additional minutes roaming, regardless of when I roam (weekday daytime, N&W, it doesn't matter).

So...given the above...If I found myself using 300 total minutes roaming, I would need to "get busy" before the month was up and use up an additional 400 minutes talking on Sprint's network (non-N&W) just so that I could pass the "600 anytime minutes used on Sprint" mark, thus making those additional 300 roaming minutes be under the 50% of total anytime minute usage.

Confused? I don't blame you. But I think I got it right (of course assuming that this rep knew what they were talking about). The bottom line is that it's still a nice option to have for only $5/month more. If you're constantly roaming, you need to be careful. For me, I have pretty good Sprint coverage most of the time, but inside my house I have a weak Sprint signal, but a pretty good Verizon signal. So, if I wanted to use my cell phone inside my house for free long distance, I'd probably be OK. If I wanted to drop my land-line, I'd probably be in danger of using too much roaming time, though.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Originally posted by WFTarHeel
    Thanks for clearing that up. I decided to add Free and Clear America, but I'm not clear on whether or not I can still be charged for long distance. Do you know?
    Like most thing with Sprint, it is not straightforward. It should be called the free and unclear America plan.
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    Like most thing with Sprint, it is not straightforward.
    Ain't that the truth.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.