1.    #1  
    Hi all,

My number has ported over successfully for the last couple of weeks now to Sprint from AT&T. Now the question comes up as to whether I have to cancel my contract with AT&T or does Sprint automatically do that? When I call Sprint, they say I have to call AT&T to cancel and when I call AT&T, they say that Sprint will do it. I have been pushed back and forth between the two and now I'm on hold with AT&T number portability group for the last 30 minutes.
    I want to make sure that I'm not going to get double billed from AT&T and Sprint for this month.

Thanks.
    Flix
    I haven't ported my two numbers yet, but this is what the Sprint Website says under 'How do you transfer a number to Sprint?'

"Do not cancel service with your current provider. Service will be automatically cancelled when your number is transferred to us. "
  3.    #3  
    yup,

i saw that but i keep getting conflicting answers from the Sprint people which has me wondering.

thanks.
    felix
  4.    #4  
    yup,

i saw that but i keep getting conflicting answers from the Sprint people which has me wondering.

thanks.
    felix
    I ported from Verizon to Sprint (7 day turn time) and my service w/ Verizon was canceled automatically.
    My service with Verizon was cancelled automatically as well, but I'd give them a call just in case to be sure you arent getting charged for another month of usage.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the info.

I'll have to double check with AT&T again just to make sure. Do get sick of sitting on hold for an hour?

Thanks.
    Flix
    big probs with porting right now. your new provider MUST cancel your service with your old provider when the trans is COMPLETE! this could take over a week. example of a simple port, new phone will get calls but no outgowing calls, old phone can dial out, if either calls 911 DON'T hang up cause 911 can not call you back, one will get text and one will not, etc... it takes a week or so for it to be DONE!