1.    #1  
    i plan to buy a t600 soon and i am trying to decide whether to stick w/ sprint or switch t-mobile. i am leaning toward sprint, but i thought i would ask this question first to see what people had to say:

is it annoying that calls go straight to voicemail when you are using the data connection? this seems like it could get old, especially if the treo is set to check email at regular intervals and phone calls get sent to voicemail frequently.

any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I'm interested in the same question as well. Like many T-Mo users, the good deals on a Sprint Treo along with number portability make the notion of switching intriguing.

In addition to the above question, what's everyone's take on battery life? I keep hearing things that claim the GSM version can be as much as 50% higher than the CDMA version. Does anyone know why this is? Is it only data usage that causes the greater battery drain, or does voice usage also cause a higher drain than GSM?
    I used data all day, from 7:30 to 4:30 without a charge in the middle, and it only goes down to about 70%. I have yet to get a low battery warning.
    WOrd to the wise..

WHen using the data connection, try to have the keyboard off as much as possible. THe combination will really run her down to the minimums!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Originally posted by novajowski
    is it annoying that calls go straight to voicemail when you are using the data connection? this seems like it could get old, especially if the treo is set to check email at regular intervals and phone calls get sent to voicemail frequently.
    That is personal preference. IMO, that is why voice mail was created for. If I am on a data connection, it goes to voice mail. If I am on a meeting, it goes to voice mail. If I am talking to you and the phone rings, it goes to voice mail. The only person I would care about right now is my other half. She knows what to do if it is an emergency.

Sure...it could get old for others, but not for me.

Again, personal preference.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    WOrd to the wise..

WHen using the data connection, try to have the keyboard off as much as possible. THe combination will really run her down to the minimums!!!
    Why would turning off the keyboard matter?? And how long does it take you to run the battery down to the "minimums?"
    Ksilebo's post makes it sound like you can go all day with no problems.....

As far as the calls going directly to VM when using the internet, I just don't understand why the CDMA and GSM versions would be different in this respect. Without knowing how much I'd actually use the data features, I guess I'd probably want the call to come through rather than go to VM. Oh well, probably not a big deal either way.
    like others have said, I think this issue is dependent on how many voice calls you'll be getting during the day, how much data stuff you do (often dictated by your mail function - for example, does it pull at every 15 min intervals, as TreoMail used to do, or is it a triggered pull like BC - once I switched to BC, my missed call count went way down) - all those variables will impact how many calls you miss and whether that's a big deal or not.
    In terms of the different ways GSM and CDMA work - I'm no telco engineer, but I think the deal is that GPRS can deliver both voice and data channels live to the device at the same time - CDMA 1XRTT cannot. CDMA is an either/or issue.
    Bottom line - I don't miss a lot of calls and it hasn't been a big deal to me. For example, I created this post on my 600, and I've been in offline mode the whole time I've been pecking away. Were I to receive a call, I could have taken. The likelihood that a call will arrive at the same time of ACTIVE data transmission (and that's the key) is not that great.