1.    #1  
    Aloha All,
    I read a lot how horrible Sprint's customer service is so wanted to jot down my happy experience.

I just bought my wife and I Sprint phones about two weeks ago. It turns out that my wifes phone number is one digit removed from that of a local Pizza Hut. We've gotten about 5 calls in two weeks, so I wanted to change the number.

Sprint's customer service rep said "sure, I can take care of that" and even cycled through possible numbers until I found one I liked.

Then there was nothing wrong with the number on my phone, but I just didn't like it, so she went back in and found me a better one for my Treo too.

Granted, I forgot to ask if I was being charged a fee to make the switch, but her attitude and helpfulness were exemplary.

I hope all my dealings with Sprint go so well.

eKennedy
    That's better than the time the rep called me a "punk a$$" and told me to "hang up the phone"
    ...Or the time I was having vision data errors and during the troubleshooting session I had a rep SWEAR to me that a hard reset would NOT delete all of my data despite my best efforts to assure him otherwise.

I finally had to fake him out and said "OK, hard resetting now" waited a few seconds and said "done, what's next".

I had the guy on speakerphone (muted) and so my wife was laughing her @$$ off. In the end it turned out that the problem was on Sprint's end (huge surprise there) and a hard reset would have done nothing except waste time and aggravate me.

I wish another carrier would offer a reasonably priced data plan so I could get off the Sprint Merry-go-round.
    ...Or when I first got the 600 and could not log into Vision due to the user id and password. However, I was told by the rep that I would not be able to receive e-mail until I installed Eudora. According to her "Eudora was the only program I could use to send/receive e-mail using the Sprint network". After a few minutes of "What are you talking about?" she finally agreed to change my user id and password reminding me that it would not clear my problem. (No problems since, by the way.)

But I must say that I did receive excellent service at the store when I purchased my phone. Yes, so rare that I wrote a letter to the store manager. The letter ended with, "Sprint would greatly benefit from more customer service representatives like Ms Sellers."

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Was when I was told be TWO seperate reps that to solve my problem I needed to remove and then replace the battery. Problem it was a Treo 300, LOL. Told them I would but didnt have screwdriver and wire cutters with me.
    I called to activate my service last Tuesday - port my number from Cingular - and start a new voice and data plan.

Two days later my number had ported, Vision was provisioned, and everything worked perfectly with nary a single hitch.

+1 for Sprint.

FWIW - EVERY provider has some bad and some good CSR's. If it makes you feel better, Cingular laid off their entire business care unit - try working with them on a corporate level right now and you'll learn the meaning of the words "Bad Customer Service".

Holy shnikeys.
    indicator, do you work for sprint?
    Originally posted by petersachon
    indicator, do you work for sprint?
    I don't know about him, but I don't work for Sprint and my service from them has always been excellent. (Knock wood! )

I've been with Sprint for years, ever since they started offering their pcs service, and have always been happy with both their customer service and the performance of the network.

Hope this doesn't make anybody mad to hear, but I assume that we read so many gripes because the "silent majority" who are happy with Sprint are rarely motivated to post messages on boards like this one, for which I don't fault anybody, it's just human nature not to spend time saying good things about any company's service because we have a right to expect good service.
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    I don't know where you get your statistics regarding your "silent majority". you sound like Sprint PCS spy...
    Originally posted by NateS

I don't know about him, but I don't work for Sprint and my service from them has always been excellent. (Knock wood! )

I've been with Sprint for years, ever since they started offering their pcs service, and have always been happy with both their customer service and the performance of the network.
    I've never been as angry at a Company as I am Sprint. It can only be assumed that many of the positive Sprint posts on this board are from employees that are surfing the net at work.

When I showed at the store with a sign that read "My Sprint Vision does not work" the manager called the police instead of calling technical service. The police responded that maybe Sprint should consider fixing the phone. Protesting Sprint was fun and we are getting a crowd together in Atlanta to make a show for the media next week.
    now that's how to get thing done. we should try that here in los angeles! you need the media to expose them, then Sprint will finally "care" about there customers....