1.    #1  
    Has anyone been successful performing a modem sync via your Treo 600, Sprint PCS, and Avantgo?

I have the Server Preferences as follows:
    Server Addr: sync.avantgo.com
    port: 80
    and the rest is filled out (username,etc.).

My device says it's connecting to the server and begins a countdown (waiting) then gives me a timeout session message.
    "Error 5486:"

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Last edited by bgoldsm; 12/08/2003 at 01:34 PM.
    There appears to be a bug in avantgo moden sync that causes your handheld to do a complete restore from backup at the next hotsync after you've used modem sync.

I spent a tough night figuring this out and then removed avantgo. It is a nice app, but I can't deal with 15 minute hot syncs and my handheld data being overwritten.
    I use Avantgo and the modem sync works perfectly. What you have to do is goto AGConnect > settings > click refresh all content. I've found that the modem sync does not work unless you select this.

Also, I would advise you to go to your Avantgo account online and clear the cookies, cache and authentication info...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Have you been successful in syncing wirelessly? I use to sync both wirelessly & via hot sync on my Treo 300 then determined in was causing problems so I removed it.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I have had no problem with the modem sync. However, when I try to reload a page (Avantgo will do this automatically unless I select "work offline") Avantgo will "connect to the server", then begin "receiving data" and then it freezes. I get a small flashing cursor in the bottom left hand and must perform a soft reset. I have had this happen to me dozens of times. (when I forget to select "work offline")

anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?
    Odd... I have not experienced any of the problems listed above. No freezes while working online, no failed modem sync etc. However I believe I recall users complaining about freezes when avatngo tries to go online but cannot connect b/c of dropped data connections. Try to clear your cache, cookies, etc online and see if that fixes you problems...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I haven't had any freezes or crashes either, but for some reason, AG sends a message to hotsync telling it to restore from backup. Don't know why....
    I have been trying to use Avantgo on my Treo 600 but so far have not had much success.

I installed AGPalmClientConsumer on my Desktop as I found out this is the AG version that would work on the Treo 600.

On the next hotsync, as expected, the two icons appeared on the treo 600: AGConnect & AvantGo. On a subsequent hotsync, the channels that I have selected looked like they were being transferred to the Treo 600. Info also revealed that there are now 267 records on my AvantGo, Treo 600 side.

My problem is: when I launch either AGConnect or AvantGo, I always get a re-set.

What seems to be wrong?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I had a horrible experience with the ROM Update
    (1 hour with sprint tech -level two. 4 hours with PalmOne - on three seperate calls)
    In the end, I had to start from scratch, removing everything from my treo and backup folders. The Update then worked, but I had to re-install eveything from the beginning. The upside was that AvantGo now works perfectly.

I know this is drastic, but this might help anyone with incurable AvantGo issues.
    I am using AG 5.3 build 66 on my GSM 2.08 Treo and it runs great...except that the onion's text is kinda crappy...but C|Net looks good
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    There is another thread around here that talks about a patch for avantgo on the treo. I haven't tried it, but apparently it corrects the resetting problem.

Avant go didn't release the patch. some other company like handmark did it.

search the boards here and you'll find it.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    My Hot Sync hangs for about 45 seconds when it gets to Avantgo. I did what GFunkMagic recommended, but it still hangs for about 1 minute. Well, I guess it's better than 15 minutes!
    I used to have the problem where it hangs when saving pages to the device, I noticed it was always around rush hour so I figured it was related to usage (I'm a non-paying customer). Sometimes I would get an error message that it could not connect to the server (interesting, because this was after it had deleted out of date pages).

Then I changed Treo 300s. Now it hangs when saving pages to the device, for some reason it's always at "15 out of 300" or "5 out of 300". I hit cancel, sync again, and it's fine.

Oh, and I hate that error meir602 describes where Avantgo tries to connect to server. It makes the Salon channel unwatchable. I recommend turning off wireless mode when using Avantgo, as noted in earlier posts it will cause a soft reset if I don't do this before going into the subway.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I'm not using AvantGo as much as I thought I would. I'm not a paying customer, either. One thing I must say about it is that it is a fast downloading app. There are plenty of PDA-friendly sites to go around. I may end up just deleting it to free up some space on my phone.