1.    #1  
    I just heard a rumor that Verizon is coming out with a knockoff of the Treo 600 sometime in January. Anyone else heard anything about this? I should be able to verify sometime next week.
    I called and specifically asked them about the 600, they claimed they have no plans to release any new phones in the near future
    VZW plans to release the Treo in Q104 if they can reach an agreement with PalmOne. Why then would there be a knockoff?

Furthermore, if such knockoff existed, I would think it would be on the FCC site by now with an expected January release.
    Originally posted by bosox
    VZW plans to release the Treo in Q104 if they can reach an agreement with PalmOne. Why then would there be a knockoff?
    Are they actually admitting this? I havent been able to drag this out of one rep, though if true, its wait putting off my purchase for 3 more months.
    My corporate rep emailed me last week stating that he had a meeting with one of their data reps. He asked specifically about the Treo (probably sick of hearing from me) and was told that they were targeting Q104, but they had not finalized the agreement with PalmOne as of yet.

This is the first real positive statement regarding the T600 from my guy since I started bugging him about it back in the summer.
    That would be great news, to me its worth waiting.