1.    #1  
    I haven't been with Sprint in a long time and want to know if there any tricks to getting the best plan.

I ordered from Amazon, so I have to activate with Sprint to get my rebates.

I ordered 300 minutes plus the 100 minutes of Free and Clear America - isn't that the best way to take advantage of Verizon's coverage in outlying areas?

And I ordered Vision Professional package.

I also was going to do one year rather than two year contract. Do you think that's a good move?

Now, a question as far as phone number. When I bought a T-Mobile phone last year in Atlanta (n. Georgia) they had no problem giving me an Atlanta number even though I lived in another area (s. georgia).

I also have a Verizon number from Boston, that I would love to keep. Is there any way I could activate my Treo with this Boston number?

Or, second choice, with an Atlanta number, rather than the s. georgia area where my billing address is now?

Any tricks to know or pitfalls to avoid would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for any tips you can offer. I don't want to lock into a bad deal.
    Originally posted by macfreak
    I ordered 300 minutes plus the 100 minutes of Free and Clear America - isn't that the best way to take advantage of Verizon's coverage in outlying areas?
    What the heck are you talking about? Sprint, Verizon or AT&T? Make up your mind before trying to call them, mm'k? (God, that "mm'k" thing is annoying.)

Basically, though, none of this is a problem -- when you order from Amazon you haven't actually bought the service from Sprint (or whoever), weird though that may seem. (You've only indicated that you will sign up for service with ...someone, which is one reason why you have to send in for the rebate rather than getting it upfront.) This means that when you get your Treo, you will call Sprint (or whever) and work out all the details with them at that time. I think you should be able to keep your old number (AT&T -- sure about that?), but this is the kind of fun, fun, fun thing you'll get to discuss with the Sprint customer service robot (read: person) when you call.

Good luck, duder.

P.S. If you are signing up with Sprint, make sure you get the 7:00 start time for your free weekends & evenings dealie-bob-mcthinger.

Edit: dang, thought I could edit this faster than you could reply. I lose. ----vvvvv
    Last edited by snerdy; 12/05/2003 at 02:01 PM.
  3.    #3  
    P.S. Make sure you get the 7:00 start time for your free weekends & evenings dealie-bob-mcthinger.
    That's an extra seven bucks, right, and requires a two-year commitment? Have to decide if that's worth it....
    It's only $5/month. It does require a 2-year agreement...but definitely worth it in my opinion.
  5.    #5  
    What I was talking about was that Sprint's coverage isn't as good as Verizon's.

Which is why some people add Free and Clear America - in essence, it buys you 100 minutes on Verizon's network in areas where Sprint doesn't work.

At least, that's what they say over on PhoneScoop.com.

I'd like to know if Sprint data works on Verizon's network.
    Originally posted by macfreak

I'd like to know if Sprint data works on Verizon's network.
    Vision does not work while roaming.
  7. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    the $5/month doesn't cover 50% of your allocated minutes. it covers 50% of your *metered* or *used* minutes per month. when i signed up for this, i had no idea it was only 50%. tonight, i found out it is not even 50% of your allocated minutes. i'm starting to have a bad feeling about sprint.