Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Just noticed a change on SprintPCS.com under messaging:

For Your Information
    After January 4, when someone sends you a text message (a One-Way Message or a Short Mail), you must use your Sprint Phone to view it (you won't be able to view it here on this website). Of course, you can continue to compose and send text messages from this website or from your Sprint Phone (some older phones cannot send messages).
    Replace Jan. 4 with any date within the next 4 months, and that could be the day we get SMS. I recall them saying something similar about Nov. 17
    I actually saw in a thread somewhere, that TODAY, it was sopposed to start....
    Originally posted by Mahootzki
    I actually saw in a thread somewhere, that TODAY, it was sopposed to start....
    Did Sprint SMS start?

I cant tell because I am using Treo600SMS right now.
    Originally posted by MikeRadio

Did Sprint SMS start?

I cant tell because I am using Treo600SMS right now.
    Nope. I just tried it.

The new word is that it won't start until February or March.
    does anyone know why this is so hard for those...let's call them "people", to get this years old service to work on their phones?

they have the internet, cameras, video phones.....and yet still we can't send a proper text message.

for the record, i've been told it would be available: nov 17th, dec 12th, jan 5th, jan 26th, and lately they say, "we'll let you know"

how hard can this be?? and anyway, most of those "people" think SMS means "sprint short mail"

oey
    Originally posted by petersachon
    does anyone know why this is so hard for those...let's call them "people", to get this years old service to work on their phones?

they have the internet, cameras, video phones.....and yet still we can't send a proper text message.

for the record, i've been told it would be available: nov 17th, dec 12th, jan 5th, jan 26th, and lately they say, "we'll let you know"

how hard can this be?? and anyway, most of those "people" think SMS means "sprint short mail"

oey
    SMS - Sprint Missed Starting

with all these date changes!
    Originally posted by AirData
    Just noticed a change on SprintPCS.com under messaging:

For Your Information
    After January 4, when someone sends you a text message (a One-Way Message or a Short Mail), you must use your Sprint Phone to view it (you won't be able to view it here on this website). Of course, you can continue to compose and send text messages from this website or from your Sprint Phone (some older phones cannot send messages).
    I was confused about this as well. Back on Nov 17, Sprint cut-off the ability for you to view your shortmail on the Sprint PCS website. In other words, you could only view the messages on your phone. You could still send from the website, you just could not view any incoming messages.

That being said, we all took that as the start date for true SMS from Sprint. Due to thier lack of clear communication, we got just a tad excited about this. Then it was supposed to be mid-Dec, then Jan 4. The way things are going at Sprint, I'm thinking we'll be lucky to see in anytime in '04.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    SMS = Sprint Majorly Sucks
    Originally posted by speclcajun
    SMS = Sprint Majorly Sucks
    If they are your provider, just remember one thing..... you chose them, they did not choose you.
    Carl
    until the others have real data plans....

there is no choice.

and anyway, they do suck.
    When I log in to my online account info manager at sprintpcs.com, it says SMS is coming January 4th.

And I've yet to have any problems with Sprint. Network is fast, no dropped calls, no billing issues. Of course every other vendor has problems, too, so I'm not sure why people seem to single Sprint out...
    i see where it talks about short mail, and one way messaging....where exactly does it say SMS?

the reason people rag on sprint is because they have the worst customer service in the industry. that's not my opinion, it's a fact. look it up.
    Umm...hate to break it to you...but that is not a fact. It may be the "majority" opinion, but it isn't fact.

I work in cellular communications and deal with Verizon, Cingular, Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T every day. I can assure you, Sprint is not the worst.

If YOU have had a personally bad experience with them - along with many others, I'm sure - that is your "truth". But I haven't, so it isn't my "truth".

Although I do work on the business side of things, and I'm sure that some vendors business care units are better equipped than their consumer counterparts...
    Last edited by Indicator; 12/19/2003 at 11:19 AM.
    Originally posted by Indicator
    Umm...hate to break it to you...but that is not a fact. It may be the "majority" opinion, but it isn't fact.

I work in cellular communications and deal with Verizon, Cingular, Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T every day. I can assure you, Sprint is not the worst.

If YOU have had a personally bad experience with them - along with many others, I'm sure - that is your "truth". But I haven't, so it isn't my "truth".

Although I do work on the business side of things, and I'm sure that some vendors business care units are better equipped than their consumer counterparts...
    oh come on now, who are you kidding. look, here's just the first few i found in a very poor google search:

1. http://content.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20030828S0011

2. http://www.wral.com/money/1957074/detail.html

3. http://www.wcpo.com/wcpo/localshows/.../20b294e2.html

4. http://www.epinions.com/elec-Comm-Mo.../sort_dir_~des

and this was a five second search....funny, but ALL of them show sprint pcs has the absolute worst customer service. in fact, if you do the search yourself, you'll find that there are entire websites, 100's of them, devoted to how unbelievably awful sprint's customer service is.

sorry dude, it's a fact.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    The endless banter about who has the best (or worst) customer service never ceases to amaze me. I just plain don't get it. If I'm weighing the pros and cons of one wireless service vs. another, customer service isn't even in my top 5 factors to consider. I've used both Sprint and T-Mobile for years, and the number of times I've called either provider's customer service department I could count on one hand. By the sounds of it, many of you people must call customer service every day for something. Are you just bored??
    Originally posted by Minsc
    The endless banter about who has the best (or worst) customer service never ceases to amaze me. I just plain don't get it. If I'm weighing the pros and cons of one wireless service vs. another, customer service isn't even in my top 5 factors to consider. I've used both Sprint and T-Mobile for years, and the number of times I've called either provider's customer service department I could count on one hand. By the sounds of it, many of you people must call customer service every day for something. Are you just bored??
    I just like to get every single penny's worth when I invest in a service or product. When the service is lacking, and I feel it necessary to call, I do. I think I've called around 4 or 5 times, 2 of which were because of number porting, and the rest adding features or confirming a payment. So far, Sprint's CS has been good to me. Can't say anything about T-Mobile however. I may try them out if I ever get a P900.
    Actually, it is my job to call these people every day...

But truth be told, you can Google search all you want - I'll base my feelings about customer service on my own experiences, thanks.

PS - Does anyone else find irony that one of the top 5 "fact" sites listed above was EPinions?

Heheheh...
    whatever guys.

you've stopped listening.

why don't you send me an SMS and tell me what you think.....oh, wait....you can't
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast