1.    #1  
    This is my first post because I just got my Treo600 (Sprint) up and running yesterday. This is my first PDA/phone that I've owned. I've been a Palm Vx user for the past 4 years and I think the Treo 600 is fantastic. I love it and I have been having a great time with it.

I use Business Connection Personal Edition for my work emails and the program works great so far. Only thing that can get bothersome is having to leave the PC on 24/7. With my private email account, I tried using Eudora, but the program was terrible. Difficult to manage and not user friendly. Also, it was not picking up all of the emails sent to that account. The mail app offered by Handspring (beta version) is excellent though. Have had minor errors with receiveing lengthy emails, but the program serves my purposes.

Syncing up with my Outlook account was a snap. No consolidation issues. The only thing that I was hoping for was that the categorizations of my address book would be carried over to my Treo...didn't happen though. Anyone know of a way to get this to work?

I have a few additional questions though:
    AOL
    I tried using AOL instant messenger, but it was awkward and it seemed like the only way to do it was through the internet. Can I get an AOL Palm program that is free?

GPS
    Where can I find a good GPS application? If one exists?

Internet
    My Internet seems very slow, are there other browsers besides Blazer that work better? Should I turn off images so that it speeds up the loading time for webpages?

Battery Life
    My battery life is ok. I think part of the problem is that the webpages are taking so much time to load, that the battery gets drained in the process. I can get a full day out of it, but I think if I was using the Internet and email extensively throughout the day, it would be totally drained by 3:00pm.

Thanks guys. This is a great site and I look forward to all of the helpful advice.
    You might try PocketProtector+ (http://www.geakware.com/pocketprotector_plus/index.html) to help with battery life. It has a feature that can dim the screen during periods of inactivity. I haven't tried it on my Treo 600 yet (since I'm still waiting for it to arrive), but it works great on my Zire 71.
    Originally posted by Dre13
    This is my first post because I just got my Treo600 (Sprint) up and running yesterday. This is my first PDA/phone that I've owned. I've been a Palm Vx user for the past 4 years and I think the Treo 600 is fantastic. I love it and I have been having a great time with it.
    Same here. Getting use to the keypad has been the hardest part.

GPS
    Where can I find a good GPS application? If one exists?
    See this news article about the iGolf SD GPS. Looks pretty nifty although I'm betting the battery life will plummet with the phone and GPS operating. I've heard good things about Mapolpolis although I have not used it.

Internet
    My Internet seems very slow, are there other browsers besides Blazer that work better? Should I turn off images so that it speeds up the loading time for webpages?
    It's like being back in the 9600 baud modem days. Web browsing is clearly not what these devices are good at. It really highlights the poor design of most websites which, in turn, reflects on Microsoft since their software creates most of them. Perhaps being PDA-friendly will be on web designer's radar screen in a few years. For now pay attention to PDA-friendly sites noted at places like About.com and PDA Portal.

Turning off graphics helps with some sites but may also make them harder to use. So many designers use fancy icons to represent things.

Battery Life
    My battery life is ok. I think part of the problem is that the webpages are taking so much time to load, that the battery gets drained in the process. I can get a full day out of it, but I think if I was using the Internet and email extensively throughout the day, it would be totally drained by 3:00pm.
    You can get an $80 external battery for the Treo (see Accessories) although that sort of defeats the purpose of the device. Unfortunately, the color screen and all the other features really consume energy.
  4.    #4  
    That PDA Portal site is great! Thanks!