1.    #1  
    I just picked up a Sprint T600 with the 2500 minute plan for a one year contract. It seems like a great deal in that it includes unlimited internet and numerous other benefits.

What also caught my attention was the offer to add a second phone for free with any plan over 2000 minutes. I'd really like to move my wife's t-mobile phone over to take advantage of that.

She's no longer under contract with t-mobile, so there's no problem on that side. But will I be able to take advantage of the rebates (ex. Amazon and Sprint) to subsidize the purchase of a new phone for my wife if I will be putting her on my contract?

Has anybody been through this?

Thanks...
    Originally posted by blando
    I just picked up a Sprint T600 with the 2500 minute plan for a one year contract. It seems like a great deal in that it includes unlimited internet and numerous other benefits.

What also caught my attention was the offer to add a second phone for free with any plan over 2000 minutes. I'd really like to move my wife's t-mobile phone over to take advantage of that.

She's no longer under contract with t-mobile, so there's no problem on that side. But will I be able to take advantage of the rebates (ex. Amazon and Sprint) to subsidize the purchase of a new phone for my wife if I will be putting her on my contract?

Has anybody been through this?

Thanks...
    I saw this as well. It's a great deal, I think. The only drawback you may have is that she will be sharing your minutes ... you may have to up your minutes. Good thing, tho, is that Sprint to Sprint doesn't count against your minutes ... you could chat her up all day if you wanted.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    It souds great. I don't mind sharing the minutes, especially on the 2500 minute plan...

The million dollar question is can I purchase her phone with its own plan from Amazon and get both rebates if I plan to subsequently put her on my plan?

Will the go for that?
    I did just this very thing last year when the Treo 300 came out. You can go about it two ways: 1) Just get a new Sprint Phone for her and let her keep her existing T-Mobile number, but share your plan/minutes or 2) Get her a new phone / plan for a short while 30 days, so she is at least in the billing system and then cancel her service (no contract of course) and just add her to your plan then.

It works great when the wife can share your plan and she essentially gets free minutes! Plus PCS to PCS is free anyway, so you guys can talk it up all you want.
    To get the add-a-phone free, you need to have a two year contract, not a one year contract.
    I've had this plan since I got my old Kyocera 6035 and it works great. "letsgoflyers81" is correct, you need the 2 year contract. But if you are "happy" with Sprint's coverage then I would go for it. One advantage is that even when they raise the prices of the plans you can stay with the same $$$ amount. I just extended for 2 more years when I bought my Treo and still paying $100 for the 2500 plus free for the second line. Vision is free also since it is over 2000 minutes. Just paying an additional $5 for the 7 PM minutes and $5 for the roaming option.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    In Philly, we upgraded to 2500 plan 12/4, 2nd line free vision free, moble to moble free, however my son has sanyo $99 camera phone, I want a t600 badly. Anyone have ideas of getting one below retail price? I do not want to add a 3rd phone???
    Bob Shipman
    President
    Congressional District Foundation, PA One
    http://www.congress1.org
    You can get this deal if you order the T600 and your $99 camera phone at the same time from Sprint. I carry the Treo and my wife has the Sanyo 8100 that was on sale for $99 a few weeks ago, both ordered and shipped together. About half the time we spend talking we talk to each other, so the PCS-to-PCS is great!

Generally Sprint cannot send you a monthly invoice if you do not have a phone, so they will be very eager to get one or more into your hands.
    Doug Blair
    Originally posted by rmship
    I want a t600 badly. Anyone have ideas of getting one below retail price? I do not want to add a 3rd phone???
    I'm in the same boat. I talked to the local Sprint store. If I add a third line (my wife and I share minutes) I can get the $150 rebate off the Treo 600.
    My current plan is better than any offered now. So the Amazon deal isn't worth opening a new account.
    My current plan is now month to month, but until I hit 18 months, I can't qualify for the rebate either.
    My question is this, If I can find a phone for less than retail and add a third line, will they still give me the $150 rebate for signing up for 2 years?
    I have 3 numbers sharing a single plan. Works well. Especially with PCS to PCS for free.
    Carl
    Anyone tried this with a one-year plan, adding a phone after the fact.

I know when I signed up the plan said I could add a phone for free, and I verified that when I signed up.

Now I look on-line at my plan and it doesn't show add-a-phone as a feature. Under "change my plan" it says I can add a phone for the bargain price of $20/month.

Is this "change plans" screen a generic one that everyone gets? Is the free add-a-phone just not listed in the "current features and services" list?