1.    #1  
    So Sprint let me upgrade my t300 to a t600 by sending back my t300. Net price when I get credit for returning the t300 would be $200. I am currently not under a contract. Sprint will only offer me 5% off for extending my contract for another year and no $150 for extending for two years. I'm on a $100/month plan.

Amazon has the t600 for $250 after rebates. Would it make sense for me to buy the t600 from amazon, transfer my old phone number to my phone, and sell my old t600?

It'd work out something like this:

$250 (amazon price after rebates and activation fees)
    -$400 (for selling my nearly new t600 on ebay)
    --------
    $150 gain

Opinions?
    Originally posted by chuhsi
    So Sprint let me upgrade my t300 to a t600 by sending back my t300. Net price when I get credit for returning the t300 would be $200. I am currently not under a contract. Sprint will only offer me 5% off for extending my contract for another year and no $150 for extending for two years. I'm on a $100/month plan.

Amazon has the t600 for $250 after rebates. Would it make sense for me to buy the t600 from amazon, transfer my old phone number to my phone, and sell my old t600?

It'd work out something like this:

$250 (amazon price after rebates and activation fees)
    -$400 (for selling my nearly new t600 on ebay)
    --------
    $150 gain

Opinions?
    If you are OK with a new phone number. Keep in mind this is for new activations, you'd have to give up your old number.

If it's no biggie I say go for it.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by tjd414

If you are OK with a new phone number. Keep in mind this is for new activations, you'd have to give up your old number.

If it's no biggie I say go for it.
    Number portability

Number portability
    Uh, my bad , just plain ol' forgot!

Go for it!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad

Number portability
    Nice try, but it won't work. Account information stays in most carrier databases for a few months, so that if you cancel your account, but change your mind, you should be able to get your old number back.

Basically, you can't port your number from Sprint to Sprint, so you're stuck with what you've got, or you'll have to change your number.

Portability's a feature, but not one that's open to scamming like that.